Recommending a very specific case

Soldato
So i have the core components now for my dads ITX build retiring his old 3770k finally.

I have:
  • Asus Ryujin 240mm AIO with Noctua industrial PPC black 120mm fans
  • B550i itx motherboard,
  • AMD 3700x
  • 16gb of corsair LPX 3200mhz ram.
  • Corsair SF600 platinum
  • 4TB 3.5 HDD
  • 1TB 2.5 SSD
  • a dual slot GTX 970 (it's a short card, i can't remember specifics as its still in my dads rig which i plan on reusing)

I am looking for a ITX case that can house of all this, preferably windowed but i can compromise.

Any recommendations, i've looked at the NR200 and P versions which seems to tick all the boxes but i wanna see what you guys can recommend as well. My only concern with the NR200(P) is mounting the radiator at the bottom might cause issues in the future for the AIO?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Soldato
So i have the core components now for my dads ITX build retiring his old 3770k finally.

I have:
  • Asus Ryujin 240mm AIO with Noctua industrial PPC black 120mm fans
  • B550i itx motherboard,
  • AMD 3700x
  • 16gb of corsair LPX 3200mhz ram.
  • Corsair SF600 platinum
  • 4TB 3.5 HDD
  • 1TB 2.5 SSD
  • a dual slot GTX 970 (it's a short card, i can't remember specifics as its still in my dads rig which i plan on reusing)

I am looking for a ITX case that can house of all this, preferably windowed but i can compromise.

Any recommendations, i've looked at the NR200 and P versions which seems to tick all the boxes but i wanna see what you guys can recommend as well. My only concern with the NR200(P) is mounting the radiator at the bottom might cause issues in the future for the AIO?

Thanks!

im pretty sure this can be reconfigured to ITX format my moveing the backplane slots, allowing a 240mm radiator in the roof

3 EXPANSION SLOTS
Lastly, the back panel can be configured with three expansion slots. This will support a Mini-ITX motherboard. There is still flexibility with cooling, though. You can have:

• Roof: a 360mm or 280mm radiator, up to 100mm thick
  • Bottom: a 360mm or 280mm radiator, up to 75mm thick, or 3 x 140mm fans
It should be noted that side panel cooling cannot be mounted with three expansion slots.

Using three slots is ideal for making the most of the natural airflow.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £113.09 (includes shipping: £11.10)

Soldato
I think you're going to need to find a compromise somewhere.

Lian Li Q58 can't do a 240mm AIO with a 3.5" drive.
Meshlicious can only take 3.5" drives if you use a short GPU (would have to be very short to have space for the AIO as well).
NR200P only supports 3.5" drives with very short graphics cards in vertical GPU config.

Personally, I would go with the NR200P and ditch the AIO for one of the many decent air coolers which the case can take. Then you can have the tempered glass side on, and a 3.5" drive mounted on the PSU shroud.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
im pretty sure this can be reconfigured to ITX format my moveing the backplane slots, allowing a 240mm radiator in the roof

3 EXPANSION SLOTS
Lastly, the back panel can be configured with three expansion slots. This will support a Mini-ITX motherboard. There is still flexibility with cooling, though. You can have:

• Roof: a 360mm or 280mm radiator, up to 100mm thick
  • Bottom: a 360mm or 280mm radiator, up to 75mm thick, or 3 x 140mm fans
It should be noted that side panel cooling cannot be mounted with three expansion slots.

Using three slots is ideal for making the most of the natural airflow.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £113.09 (includes shipping: £11.10)
I think you're going to need to find a compromise somewhere.

Lian Li Q58 can't do a 240mm AIO with a 3.5" drive.
Meshlicious can only take 3.5" drives if you use a short GPU (would have to be very short to have space for the AIO as well).
NR200P only supports 3.5" drives with very short graphics cards in vertical GPU config.

Personally, I would go with the NR200P and ditch the AIO for one of the many decent air coolers which the case can take. Then you can have the tempered glass side on, and a 3.5" drive mounted on the PSU shroud.
I would ditch the AIO but since i basically got it for peanuts it would be a shame not use it. I managed to snag a GTX 1050 2gb D5 gpu for £100 which is 17.2cm long! It should fit perfectly in the space horizontal behind the motherboard.

I'll find out tonight when i get in and try and fit the gpu.

The 3.5" 4TB drive arrived as well so i can get that installed.

I considered all the cases and those you mentioned too but in the end i went with the Meshlicious which seemed to work the best. Struggling to hide and push the AIO tubing safely to one side so moved the fans pull instead of push sandwiched between the AIO and the Case frame.

Soldato
I would ditch the AIO but since i basically got it for peanuts it would be a shame not use it. I managed to snag a GTX 1050 2gb D5 gpu for £100 which is 17.2cm long! It should fit perfectly in the space horizontal behind the motherboard.

I'll find out tonight when i get in and try and fit the gpu.

The 3.5" 4TB drive arrived as well so i can get that installed.

I considered all the cases and those you mentioned too but in the end i went with the Meshlicious which seemed to work the best. Struggling to hide and push the AIO tubing safely to one side so moved the fans pull instead of push sandwiched between the AIO and the Case frame.

172mm GPU will do the job indeed :p That's shorter than the board, isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom