what headphones do you own thread - i own dt150's :)

Associate
I’ve got a pair of Sennheiser HD580s that I’ve had for about 15 years, sent them off to get refurbed by Sennheiser about 4 years ago for £50 and apart from the cracked grills (only bit they didn’t replace) they look brand new.

C64

C64

Soldato
Can confirm the tin t2 are very good a clean slightly airy neutral with good slam no harshness very good for £43 bargain, as good as my last set sennheiser ie-60's although not quite as warm sounding.The tin t2 almost sound open it's weird.

only issues i'd say is these would benefit more from longer foam tips or triple flange the cables stiff which causes the cable to want to push the tips out, i guess can be fixed as the cable loses stiffness

if you buy foam tips try to get ones longer than normal, you really have to jam them in there with medium length tips or the stock blue foams, I bought some non overpriced foam tips in packs of 8 and they are great although longer than the stock blue tips

wearing them over ear can give you ears like will smith or pob, until the stiffness wears off the stock cable I think ill be using the slacker spare cable first

Definitely recommend picking up a set at that price or less but good seal is key like most earphones in hindsight i'd have looked for slightly longer foam tips but they are not falling out with walking definitely will with running etc though so stay away if you want gym/jogging earphones these are strictly for walking i'd say

Last edited:
Associate
Picked up a pair of the new Beyer DT 900 Pro X to replace some Tygr R I had.

Early days yet but the notorious Beyer treble peak seems to have been calmed on these and the mids are more forward than the Tygrs. Think these will be my goto all rounder (work, music, gaming) for a while. The clamp is a little higher than previous Beyers though but the pads are incredible.

Soldato
Picked up a pair of the new Beyer DT 900 Pro X to replace some Tygr R I had.

Early days yet but the notorious Beyer treble peak seems to have been calmed on these and the mids are more forward than the Tygrs. Think these will be my goto all rounder (work, music, gaming) for a while. The clamp is a little higher than previous Beyers though but the pads are incredible.

I've been looking at these too. From what I had read was somewhere inbetween the 990 and 1990 with a bit more tamed treble.

Associate
I've been looking at these too. From what I had read was somewhere inbetween the 990 and 1990 with a bit more tamed treble.

Treble has definitely been tamed compared to both those - don't find I need to Eq these at all. Mids are a big difference to the DT990 and Tygrs I had also - pushed further forward to my ears at least and makes them a better all rounder for my use. Lighter than the DT1990 which is important for work use as they spend a long time on my head!

Soldato
Treble has definitely been tamed compared to both those - don't find I need to Eq these at all. Mids are a big difference to the DT990 and Tygrs I had also - pushed further forward to my ears at least and makes them a better all rounder for my use. Lighter than the DT1990 which is important for work use as they spend a long time on my head!

Good to hear. You must have had an order in fairly sharp then? I thought they were just announced and unreleased at the minute.

Soldato
I've just got my hands on a pair of HD560s that I purchased a couple of weeks ago to replace a set of SHP9500 for gaming away from home. They sound brilliant. I think they may be one of my go to now.

Associate
Good to hear. You must have had an order in fairly sharp then? I thought they were just announced and unreleased at the minute.

The UK distributor had them and then also so did Amazon so I placed an order to try them. Really pleased with them for music (prefer them over the Tygr and DT990), for gaming, after extended listening they are good too, although I'd prefer them to sound a bit more open/spacious for FPS games.

I've just got my hands on a pair of HD560s that I purchased a couple of weeks ago to replace a set of SHP9500 for gaming away from home. They sound brilliant. I think they may be one of my go to now.

Nice - that's what I use for gaming (fps) with an adaptor so I can fit a VModa Boompro mic for comms. They are superb for that - I find them a little tiring for listening to music over a long period of time but still appreciate how good they are.

Soldato
I've only had a chance to try them for a couple of games due to being away currently but I'm quite impressed.
I did buy an adapter but I don't think it fits, I need to remove the black insert as the adapter is too thick.
I already removed the locking part.

Associate
The sound is very clear. Flying through the city in Spider-Man every single sound is crisp, clear and the position/distance is bang on. Let me know how you get on with them.
Took a while, sorry. First seller was a douche and never sent the item.
Got from another place and managed to test it yesterday and today.
I'm very happy with it. Very clear sound.
As you've described, stage is very precise.
Bass is ok, but I guess that is a fair trade-off for precision, specially at this price range.
Only played Demons Souls (NG+ being trashed by every enemy :D) and RE Village, but so far so good.
Previously tried the Sony WH-XB900N Extra Bass and it was, at least for the PS5, horrible.
For music and movies I still prefer the DT 770, but wouldn't mind using the Pulse.
But for it's purpose, gaming, it's fantastic.

Associate
The bass is lacking compared to my other headsets, even with bass boosted in the equalizer settings. The positional audio is excellent, but the bass lets them down slightly. I actually prefer my TBs to all others, however crazy that might sound. The pulse are very comfortable though, I barely know I’m wearing them.
Spot-on.
I'm not crazy for bass on headphones.
For speakers, yes, but for headphones the DT 770 offer the perfect bass for my taste.
Tried some bass focused headphone and wasn't pleasant.
The issue is the PS5 limitation. Seems to almost force people to use the Pulse which, luckily, isn't a bad headphone.

Man of Honour
Glad you like them. I would agree, I’d use my 990s or TBs for movies/music, but the pulse is great for gaming. Probably my stand out games with them so far are Miles Morales (the sounds of the city around you are brilliant) and TLOU (I’ve jumped a few times!). The integration is seamless with the PS5 too, as you’d hope.

Soldato
Goldring DR-150

Held together with tape but will take them to my grave.
I still have mine somewhere, fantastic for gaming. I think I still have a set of DR-50 or DR-100 (I was a fan lol) I think my son "borrowed" them on permanent loan.
Currently still using AKG K702 for gaming, best phones I've used for gaming in all honesty.
Seinheiser HD4.50BTNC for travelling/general listening on my phone, decent but not stunning NC for on trains and planes.

Planning on getting some NC in ears so I'm looking at the Sony WF-1000XM4, a little bit for the gym and some travelling. They seem to review well....thoughts?

Soldato
My experience with bluetooth and gaming is that the latency is horrendous and unsuitable. I would only get wireless headphones if they were designed with gaming in mind and come with a low latency dongle.

Soldato
Well I got the AKG K371-BT.

Must admit, I am not impressed. It's very hard to nail down exactly why, my old Sony MDRX650BT were just better, other than unfortunately they are faling apart.

Its really hard to explain but with the AKG's I just feel like I am in a fish bowl, or everything is muffled, not as crisp sounding. I dont believe its a latency thing as I used to used BT and had no issues. I used to be able to hear things and have a very good feeling of direction and distance and with these I dont. If it was the equivalent in eye sight it would be like having slightly blurry vision, yes you can still see, just not as well, does that make sense?

They are fine for music.

I am thinking I am going to refund but I am at a loss as what to get to replace them, I am not completely off a wired set either now. Any suggestions welcome.

Edit: I've ordered a pair of wired AKG K702 as mentioned many times in this thread they are good for gaming. As they are opened backed it'll also mean I can hear the Mrs moaning important announcements when I have them on, which will give her one less excuse to get ****** with me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom