Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Associate
What screen protectors are people going for the Pro - Tempered Glass or Film?

I remember tempered glass was a nightmare on my Mate 20 Pro with curved edges. After a lot of experimentation I ended up going with film, and will probably do the same again - tempered glass on a phone with curved edges is a PITA.

Soldato

I remember tempered glass was a nightmare on my Mate 20 Pro with curved edges. After a lot of experimentation I ended up going with film, and will probably do the same again - tempered glass on a phone with curved edges is a PITA.

Naked for me. I would rather gather a few light scuffs than wreck a crafted glass screen with cheap plastic.

You don't walk around with a condom on !

Cover it if exercising only for me

Soldato
Soldato
I also prefer to have no case or screen protector. I tried both together once and the phone just felt worse in my hand, didn't feel as good using it. For me the risk of having to pay for a screen replacement is not sufficient enough to cover it up in a case but for others who drop their phone constantly it sure is a good investment.

Associate
I tried a wet applied film on my pixel 3 and it was amazing, felt quite natural to use and kept in good nick for the few years I've had it on!

Going to see if i can find one for the pro on it's way. That caseology looks nice, got a link?

Soldato
Associate
I pretty much always buy a Spigen rugged armour case, though I've been using a moment case for my pixel 3 for the last couple of years, mainly due to it having a wooden inlay which was a little different. Don't think the new moment cases have that option. So Spigen I think.

Soldato
I already have the 100gb google one plan, and paid annually. Can't see a way to upgrade to the 2tb for the 10% credit :(

When I click upgrade, it says from Jan 2022 which is my renewal date

Soldato
I do probably want to get a case but I ran my pixel 5 naked as a test.. no cracks yet but it has a mark on the metal frame, a small bit of paint missing on the camera surround and a few very small hairline scratches on the screen. Not great and I've dropped it a million times. 6 looks more fragile with the glass back. I really don't like cases and 6 in coral colour is just great to look at. Not sure what I'll do.

Soldato

2 Pack Compatible with Google Pixel 6 Pro Screen Protector(Not Tempered Glass),Full Coverage Curved,HD Clear,Case Friendly TPU Protection Film for Google Pixel 6 Pro https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09F3S9...abc_T6S2JGFGS6AQVH4YAN02?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Speaking from experience those sort of screen protectors are the best for curved screens.

Man of Honour
I do probably want to get a case but I ran my pixel 5 naked as a test.. no cracks yet but it has a mark on the metal frame, a small bit of paint missing on the camera surround and a few very small hairline scratches on the screen. Not great and I've dropped it a million times. 6 looks more fragile with the glass back. I really don't like cases and 6 in coral colour is just great to look at. Not sure what I'll do.

I know how you feel. I ran my pixel 5 naked for most of the time I've had it. I haven't had many issues. But also what insurance is for! That said I'll have to see what it's like in the hand before I make a decision.

Associate
I know how you feel. I ran my pixel 5 naked for most of the time I've had it. I haven't had many issues. But also what insurance is for! That said I'll have to see what it's like in the hand before I make a decision.

Makes me laugh how people buy a really nice coloured phone then put a god damn ugly case on it.

Soldato
When I used to work for CPW I'd see online orders get cancelled and then the refund sit on the customers account until it was manually processed back to the card.

Last edited:
Associate
Anybody who cancelled with CPW still not received an email? I feel like I'd better call tomorrow as dispatch must be soon.

I’ve not received a cancellation email. Called them twice and they’ve said it’s cancelled and I should receive an email within 24 hours. Clearly not!! Will just return it to a shop if it does turn up, as I can see they’ve still got a hold on the money on my account.

Back
Top Bottom