• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Alder Lake-S leaks

Associate
@4K8KW10 - I am not going to engage in this conversation with you anymore as it just clogs up the forum with posts that help no one and that is not fair to the other forum members. I would add you t teh ignore list but you post so often it just makes the threads unreadable so instead i will have to try and practice so restraint with you.

Caporegime
Do you know why CPU's work so much better on Linux based devices, which includes iOS? Because those just let the CPU get on with it, they don't get in the way trying to do stupid #### with them. and they DO NOT HAVE DRIVERS.

This has always been the problem with Microsoft, they think the hardware needs hand-holding, layers of software to make the hardware do what Microsoft thinks it should, they don't need that and its bad.

Your Ryzen CPU does not need to be told which threads to use when, it knows best. What AMD's Windows Drivers do is stop all that interference.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Why pig lips?

Maybe because this (the same applies for Intel's CPUs, BTW):

Introducing M1 Pro and M1 Max: the most powerful chips Apple has ever built - Apple

Hence, I said:

Because Zen 3 doesn't look like efficient enough compared to ARM and big. LITTLE architectures.

AMD must redesign its CPU architecture, so it better fits in the new reality.

Do you think that 15% performance loss with Windows 11 is all right?

Do you know why CPU's work so much better on Linux based devices, which includes iOS? Because those just let the CPU get on with it, they don't get in the way trying to do stupid #### with them. and they DO NOT HAVE DRIVERS.

This has always been the problem with Microsoft, they think the hardware needs hand-holding, layers of software to make the hardware do what Microsoft thinks it should, they don't need that and its bad.

Your Ryzen CPU does not need to be told which threads to use when, it knows best. What AMD's Windows Drivers do is stop all that interference.

All righty :D

Caporegime
Maybe because this (the same applies for Intel's CPUs, BTW):

Introducing M1 Pro and M1 Max: the most powerful chips Apple has ever built - Apple

Hence, I said:

All righty :D

Because Zen 3 doesn't look like efficient enough compared to ARM and big. LITTLE architectures.

You get all that from an Apple marketing slide that says nothing at all? You are a sucker for these....

Perhaps you could explain what Apple has not, what are the competitor CPU's they are using for their comparison and what is the performance measure? without that its nothing more than meaningless lines on a graph.

Last edited:
Soldato
The Windows 10 scheduler issues have been present, hence we all need to follow and install every single new chipset driver release, with the hope that things might actually get fixed.

"The Windows 10 May 2019 update, combined with the new chipset driver from AMD, is supposed to improve the process scheduling (aka, the "topology awareness" that AMD's Robert Hallock tweeted about) so that threads from the same application are more likely to run on the same CCX, thus reducing the chance for higher latency memory and cache accesses. And that brings us to the testing and results."
Preparing for Zen: putting AMD's latest chipset drivers to the test | PC Gamer

Everyone who follows, knows what I am saying.

More nonsense posted by OcUKs contribution to research on the Dunning–Kruger effect.

I'll quote your original post again :

Every single month since original Zen launch in 2017.

I'm feeling generous, so that's May 2019 crossed off the list. You've got another 56 months of proof to provide to back up your ridiculous nonsense claim/pathetic trolling attempt. Jury's out of which of the two it is.

Soldato
Yeah, it looks like that only AMD needs patches all the time to keep up with the Windows updates...
Every time a new Windows update gets released, AMD needs to release a patch to fix its terrible performance issues.

I can't believe you're blaming AMD for Microsoft's horrendous product testing... Talking out your rear end seems to be your specialty.

From memory, you used to be all about AMD until they released something that was a little too expensive for you, so they were out and Intel were the new favourites.
Now AMD are still out, Intel are so-so, and Apple are your new heroes?

Soldato
OP

Yep and that's what Intels Thread Director does too, the main reason for Intel seemingly to stick TD on the chip rather than a driver to gain access to more data and quicker.

Permabanned
Intel Core i9-12900HK Could Be The Fastest Mobile CPU Ever | TechPowerUp
"The Intel Core i9-12900HK is the flagship processor for the upcoming 12th Generation Core Alder Lake-P mobile lineup with 14 cores and 20 threads. The processor was recently spotted on Geekbench 5 where it achieved a score of 1851 in the single-core test and 13,256 in the multi-core test which would make it the fastest mobile processor to date. While we have seen desktop processors included in workstation laptops before this processor could be the fastest chip designed specifically for mobile applications with it beating the recently released Apple M1 MAX and previous champion Core i9-11980HK. This potential title may not last long however with Intel expected to follow up with Alder Lake-S mobile processors that could feature up to 16 cores and 24 threads later in 2022. Intel is expected to launch the mobile Alder Lake-P lineup at CES 2022 alongside their Arc Alchemist desktop graphics cards."

Intel Core i5-12600K 47% Faster Than Ryzen 5 5600X in Leaked CPU-Z Benchmark | TechPowerUp
"The Intel Core i5-12600K is set to feature 6 high-performance cores and 4 high-efficiency cores running at base speeds of 3.7 GHz and 2.8 GHz respectively. These cores can boost to 4.9 GHz and 3.6 GHz with Turbo Max Boost 3.0 however we don't expect much more speed can be extracted out of them using overclocking so default performance with sufficient cooling should be close to max. We have recently seen some CPU-Z test scores for the processor from prominent leakers which show the chip scoring 746 and 7058 points in the single-threaded and multi-threaded tests when running stock on Windows 11. The processor was also tested with an unknown overclock on Windows 10 where it scored 79X and 72XX points respectively.

These scores are extremely competitive with them easily beating the Ryzen 5 5600X by 19.5% and 46.7% in single-threaded and multi-threaded tests. We still don't know where Intel will position the Core i5-12600K in the market so any judgment on the value of these processors will need to wait until release. While we don't currently know the expected MSRP for the Core i5-12600K we have seen pricing for the Core i7-12700K and Core i9-12900K at 469.99 USD and 669.99 USD respectively. Intel is expected to announce these Alder Lake desktop processors during an event on October 27th with general availability expected November 4th."

AMD must hurry to decrease the pricings :cry:

I haz 4090!
Don
Even the fact that you have a 10GB graphics card instead of a 16GB AMD Radeon, shows that you have no clue, not me..

OK, we do try to allow the discussion to continue, but you're sailing close to the line with this comment as it's clearly meant to get a rise out of people.

Ease off a little or we'll have to take action.

Permabanned
Associate
AMD must hurry to decrease the pricings
AMD is on course with 3D v-cache models.
Unlike Intel new cpus, big cache is known for definitely helping gaming loads. Unlike Intel, it won't require new and expensive motherboards (with Pcie5 which won't be needed even in theory for the next year) and RAM. Oh, and extra cooling not needed either.

I'd say it is Intel in a hurry to hype up and sell as many Alder Lake as they can.

Back
Top Bottom