Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
I had OnePlus 7 pro, which I found to be quite heavy compared to my previous OnePlus 6. I got used to it eventually but at first it seemed unreasonably heavy for a phone.

Pixel 6 pro on the other hand felt lighter than oneplus 7 pro. But then I checked actual weight and it looks like pixel 6 Pro is actually a little bit heavier, 210 grams Vs 206, so go figure.

i have also come from a oneplus 7 pro.. How are you finding it compared?

Associate
Mine arrived from Google today. Standard 6 in black - only ordered PM on Monday, so rapid delivery. Size and weight seem fine, and that's coming from an S10e! Feels similar to my previous S8+. Super slippy, though, and I hate cases, so I need to think about that.

Soldato
I had OnePlus 7 pro, which I found to be quite heavy compared to my previous OnePlus 6. I got used to it eventually but at first it seemed unreasonably heavy for a phone.

Pixel 6 pro on the other hand felt lighter than oneplus 7 pro. But then I checked actual weight and it looks like pixel 6 Pro is actually a little bit heavier, 210 grams Vs 206, so go figure.

A couple of reviewers mentioned it could be due to the weight being better distributed around the phone, which is good to know since I'm also coming from a OP7P. Always found this phone to be on the heavy side so hoping the 6 Pro is more comfortable to hold.

Associate
I knew my order wouldn't come today but I just had the email and tracking to say it's shipped and will be here tomorrow. Can't wait :D
Hope everyone is enjoying theirs.

Soldato
i have also come from a oneplus 7 pro.. How are you finding it compared?

I am happy with the phone, it's quite similar to OP7P. Frankly there's not much actual difference for me between the two phones because I am a light user of smartphones. I just wanted to treat myself I suppose.

Soldato
Can't say I'm being blown away with the camera. Need a bit more time with it, but what's everyone elses thoughts?
I think at this day and age.. most cameras are simply good at what they do. Pixel 5 was as good as 6 imo. 6 is let down by weird front camera but rear seems fast and decent overall. I think as with all previous Google releases, we'll see some major fixes coming software side that will correct a few of the issues people are seeing, like noise on front camera.

Soldato
The lack of auto focus on the ultrawide is a little sucky. And even touch to focus doesn't result in a sharp shot sometimes.

Android 12 has definitely upped the smoothness though. Mega buttery.

Soldato
The lack of auto focus on the ultrawide is a little sucky. And even touch to focus doesn't result in a sharp shot sometimes.

Android 12 has definitely upped the smoothness though. Mega buttery.

Really struggled getting clear shots of my 8T ready for listing it on ebay. No matter what I did the damn thing wouldn't focus. Even moving back and zooming in. Used the mrs Nord in the end :eek:

Soldato
Can't say I'm being blown away with the camera. Need a bit more time with it, but what's everyone elses thoughts?

Personally I'm disappointed given all the hype of new hardware and processing.

Lack of a quality ultrawide also grates.

Camera needs a lot of refining. Long exposure times in night mode and generally too much brighting up the shadows etc. Shots aren't super crisp.

Associate
That's disappointing to hear. My, well my wife's, P6 Pro arrived today and it's a replacement for her S20 FE which always frustrated her with poor photos. Her previous phone was a P2 XL which was amazing.

Soldato
That's disappointing to hear. My, well my wife's, P6 Pro arrived today and it's a replacement for her S20 FE which always frustrated her with poor photos. Her previous phone was a P2 XL which was amazing.

Marc Levoy, the magic camera engineer left Google a couple years back. This seems like the reason the camera isn't working its pixel magic.

Back
Top Bottom