Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
It's going to be highly dependent on the picture, the background and the thing it's removing.

Keep it to simple stuff, a plain background and a well defined item to remove and I bet its quite good.

The fact we can do this on a phone in seconds is frankly amazing.

Of course if you export to photoshop and spend 10 minutes editing its going to look better, but you can do this directly on the phone, instantly.

Yes exactly this. Its not aimed at a replacement for doing this in Photoshop or the like (which most people like myself likely wouldn't bother with), it's a quick and easy way do it instantly. Obviously results will vary and it won't always be great, but seems like a decent nice to have.

Soldato
Odd example.. you're literally trying to remove the subject of the photo :D

This is an example of old photo from p5.

I think the final result is decent, unless you zoom in and know where the people were, it's hard to see.

I was only going by this comment "Keep it to simple stuff, a plain background and a well defined item to remove and I bet its quite good."

Yours is definately better, but it's not something I personally think is good enough to use. I'm pleased if people like it, but I wouldn't keep a photo like that in my collection.......I'd just wait for the people to move and take the photo again :D

Soldato
I was only going by this comment "Keep it to simple stuff, a plain background and a well defined item to remove and I bet its quite good."

Yours is definately better, but it's not something I personally think is good enough to use. I'm pleased if people like it, but I wouldn't keep a photo like that in my collection.......I'd just wait for the people to move and take the photo again :D

Fair enough. It's not perfect I agree but for a quick touch up it's very nice to have. And I think a lot depends on what you're removing and how busy the background is.

Associate
Fair enough. It's not perfect I agree but for a quick touch up it's very nice to have. And I think a lot depends on what you're removing and how busy the background is.
And with it being an early feature of the phone, Google will just continue to help it learn/ teach it more and more. (If thats the correct way to word it)

Caporegime

Which is nearly impossible in most cities when trying to get a photo of something. Do you think my mum will notice the blurs more or that the image of what I'm taking is clear of people. I agree, it's not amazing but for what it is/for who it's aimed at - it's bloody awesome.

Soldato
Which is nearly impossible in most cities when trying to get a photo of something. Do you think my mum will notice the blurs more or that the image of what I'm taking is clear of people. I agree, it's not amazing but for what it is/for who it's aimed at - it's bloody awesome.

a gun usually help in large cities :D

I think (so long as google don't abandon it) in the future it will only get better

Associate
Got mine this morning (cloudy white pro) and all set up. Fingerprint sensor not too bad at all, that was my biggest worry. Really should do some work but can't put the phone down!

Definitely going to need a new charger. Very slow with my old pixel 5 charger.

Soldato
I'm impressed so far, feels nice and not as weighty as I expected based on some comments.

Lot of updates as expected, somewhat glad I didn't get it until today rather than yesterday to ensure I had all the obligatory day one patches and maybe avoided some issues.

Is slippery as anything, but fine now I have it in an official case, I know glass is choosen probably as it's cheaper and works for wireless charging but some sort of grippy texture would have been nice. But that's a general thing for me not just limited to the Pixel.

Finger print reader hasn't missed a beat, only 1 time it didn't unlock but that was me stretching at a weird angle.

Only thing I'm trying to get used to is the lack of the bottom navigation bar as on Samsung where you have home, back and the app switcher. The app switcher is probably the biggest one for me as it feels more awkward to copy and paste from one app to another using the gesture than hitting the button.

Soldato
Only thing I'm trying to get used to is the lack of the bottom navigation bar as on Samsung where you have home, back and the app switcher. The app switcher is probably the biggest one for me as it feels more awkward to copy and paste from one app to another using the gesture than hitting the button.

If my 80 year old dad can do gestures you can too :D:D

Glad they straight up got rid of buttons.

Soldato
My finger print is not so much bad at getting the scan right.. it's just super slow. It's quicker for me to type in the pin! Mkbhd has noted the same in his review and so have a few others. I really hope it gets sorted and it's not hardware related.

Associate
My finger print is not so much bad at getting the scan right.. it's just super slow. It's quicker for me to type in the pin! Mkbhd has noted the same in his review and so have a few others. I really hope it gets sorted and it's not hardware related.

Mine really isn't that slow, it's just a very slight pause before it registers.

Back
Top Bottom