Spec Me: Office Headset

NVP

NVP

Soldato
My wireless gaming set is getting a bit tatty and, although great for virtual conferences/meetings, are already a bit too bulky for professional use.

Who has a headset they use professionally and love it enough to recommend?

I'm unsure if I want a single eared headset as opposed to the standard dual ear/speaker, I think I'd miss the immersion.

I know mics can be hit or miss, but if you have one that gets no complaints when in a conference whilst outside on a breezy day I'd love a suggestion :)

Soldato
I have a Jabra Evolve2 65 and it's very good but the microphone picks up a lot, so possibly not so good if you want to sit outside. Sound quality is great, range is good, battery lasts ages.

Soldato
We use Logitech G533s at work (and gaming personally). It doesn't fit your bill of being less bulky but why is that an issue? They're really comfy, audio quality is good and battery lasts for ages.

Soldato
I have a Jabra Evolve2 65 and it's very good but the microphone picks up a lot, so possibly not so good if you want to sit outside. Sound quality is great, range is good, battery lasts ages.
Really? I've never had that feedback/rely on that not being the case! Dodgy settings? (Infact I bought them to replace some Plantronics BB2s that were abysmal for background noise.

Associate
Soldato
Jabra Evolve 75UC but it’s pricey. If you’re on calls all day the ability to walk around up to 50m or so is great. Stretch the legs, put yourself on mute (button on the mic) and go and make a cup of tea or go to the loo! Connect the base unit to your mobile via Bluetooth and to the desktop via USB and you can take calls and switch with ease.

If I’m on video I prefer a pair of Aftershokz with a desk clamped streaming mic. I prefer to have something very light on my head as I tend to move around and be expressive with my gestures. Also looks like I’m not wearing a headset so more “natural” without just having the audio on speakers.

Soldato
Really? I've never had that feedback/rely on that not being the case! Dodgy settings? (Infact I bought them to replace some Plantronics BB2s that were abysmal for background noise.
Yes, albeit mostly voices it's picking up rather than ambient noise I suppose.
"Who is Dave talking to about the visit on Wednesday?" when I can barely hear what Dave is saying :p

Man of Honour
Nowadays I use a set of excellent wired sennheiser headphones and a proper near professional wired microphone. But when I need portability I use my old Plantronics Focus UC connected by Bluetooth.

Soldato
When I was in the office, I always preferred a single ear headset so I could hear what was going on around me.

Working from home, I prefer to cancel out the noise from my neighbours kids lol

Just my 2 cents.

Man of Honour
Personally I find dual on-ear headsets best for the office. My office was quite noisy so the dual cups cut out some of that noise. But having then on-ear rather than over-ear let a little bit of noise through.

Back
Top Bottom