Spec Me: Office Headset

Soldato
For the few times I need situational awareness I just wear my headset like a DJ. Couldn't stand not having ANC on whilst having conversations.

Soldato
I've got an old Plantronics (now Poly) wireless headset that I've had about 6 years. It's pretty good, but it literally falling apart now so need another one. I was looking at a gaming headset but all the ones I've tried don't have controls that work with Teams etc (muting, ending call) so I'm sticking with this for now.

If WFH I'd definitely recommend wireless, not just for going to the potty but being able to walk around and stretch when on long calls is really good so you're not chained to the desk all day.

Associate
I have Aftershokz Opencom which I use every day for 5-6 hours while on calls. As it's bone conducting you can still hear what's going on around you which is good when working from home. The mic is amazing according to my colleagues and the headset lasts for days before needing a charge. Really recommended.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Thanks all. I've been watching reviews of the suggestions and I was leaning towards the Jabra Evolve 75 - I've since seen that there is an evolve2 75 which is now currently my favourite to get.

gEd

gEd

Associate
I've worked at home on and off for 10 years and full time for 6 years. I manage a team of techies across europe and AP and am on calls a lot.

Back in 2016 I tried a plantronics in-ear BT headset but it kept dropping the connection or switching from PC to phone. I also didn't like that "finger in your ear" feeling for long periods.
I tried one of these £30 Chinese BT headsets off Amazon (mentioned earlier) but it started going wonky after a couple of months.
I tried some cheap no-name Chinese on-ear phones with small pleather ear pads and mic boom but hated that "hands cupped over your ears" feeling when on calls and hearing your own breathing.
So in 2018 I bought a single ear, Sennheiser PC 7 USB headset. Super-light and comfy, utterly reliable, no faffing with charging or wireless issues.
My team tell me I sound very clear and when I recently apologised for the stupidly noisy bike tearing past my open window, they say they didn't hear anything.
You can also buy replacement foam pads for a few bob when the old ones wear out.
Only criticism is that I have to untwist the cable once a day.
If you are always sat at your desk while on calls I'd just get something like this and be done.

Back
Top Bottom