Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Soldato
Google "Will take up to 4 working days to validate"
Users "IT DIDN'T DO IT INSTANTLY, Y U NO WORK GOOGLE!!!11!1!!"
:D

Lol. It is a bit weird that some people get really fast, seemingly automated approval, and some people have to wait.

GOOGLE Y U NOT GIV ME MAH FREE HADPHONEZ

We all know pro users get priority :D:p

This is the only explanation.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Lol. It is a bit weird that some people get really fast, seemingly automated approval, and some people have to wait.

GOOGLE Y U NOT GIV ME MAH FREE HADPHONEZ

This is the only explanation.

LOL. Actually that's a good point, were any non-pro users automatically approved? Maybe its the vendor (i.e. CPW) that have taken the hit upfront so contractually different?

Soldato
Mine wasn't instantly approved, took about 90 minutes. Standard 6 ordered direct from Google.

I was always intending to sell the headset, but tempted to keep them as don't have any decent headphones, plus I may not get much with so many people selling them on.

Soldato
Im still undecided to keep mine or not. I was thinking use them as a xmas gift, but I dont know if they will be delivered in time.
I already use aa Audeze Penrose as bluetooth headphones for TV watching but they're not exactly 'portable' so the Bose will get plenty of user for TV/Phone watching and travel use. Plus adding another set of heaphones to my collection is no bad thing :D Currently got DT990 pro and the Audeze Penrose.

Soldato
Have to say, the battery on this thing is tremendous. Came off charge at 7am today, 'normal' usage for me which is light use, some web stuff, MFA approvals, bit of Youtube at lunch etc, typical day of not really looking at the phone too much. It's still on 77%. :eek::D

Soldato
Does/is anyone using any form of battery conditioning?

The one thing i was always quite impressed with on Sony was their battery care features - it would learn when you typically put your phone on charge and then charge it to 90% and do a trickle charge to 100% by the time you typically unplugged it.

I don't see the Pixel having anything like this, and accubattery's version of battery conditioning is to only charge it to 80% to reduce big wear cycles.

Associate
What are people doing about screen protectors and the fingerprint scanner? Are people just not bothering? Bit of a deal breaker them not working for me personally.

I started off using a Caseology one I got with the Parallax case, and unfortunately the underscreen reader hardly worked at all. To be fair they've offered me a full refund.
I took delivery of a Mediadevil Glassfree Magicscreen today and it's been flawless so far, very pleased.

Soldato
Does/is anyone using any form of battery conditioning?

The one thing i was always quite impressed with on Sony was their battery care features - it would learn when you typically put your phone on charge and then charge it to 90% and do a trickle charge to 100% by the time you typically unplugged it.

I don't see the Pixel having anything like this, and accubattery's version of battery conditioning is to only charge it to 80% to reduce big wear cycles.

Pixels have adaptive charging but it's pretty limited compared to other OEMs, it requires you to have an alarm set, and then it will slow charge the phone until it's near the alarm time, where then it will charge to 100%, similar to Sony. It's a shame it can't access the alarms on your Google Home devices, would've made it much smarter.

Associate
Anyone managed to get call screening to work correctly? When I have tested it with a landline and then press call screen to answer it, the call screening doesn't happen, as in Google doesn't say anything.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom