• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

nvflash won't let me flash my old bios back under any circumstances. Is the card shot?

Associate
So i flashed a bad bios to my gtx560 ti. And it displayed some weird white stuff.
That was ok, i thought i could just flash it back, right?
Well no, it turns out i can't flash ANY, even the backed up original bios. I have tried millions of nvflash versions, even the supposedly bypassed ones, which throw out the same error. Why does that happen, shouldn't they be made NOT to do that?
I have no idea what to do anymore. I've tried everything that the other people who faced this error did, and none of that worked for me. Do i have to resort to the physical bios programmers, or is the card completely gone? I even tried the DOS nvflash and that won't even start. Is there something else i can do when its comes to windows flashing or?
251790624_632880464687838_9118968727229745227_n.jpg

Soldato
not to sure about GPU but every other device ive used with BIOS (from a hardware level) has a hidden BIOS ID number Example 2021 & each version increases.

Flashing the BIOS it will check this ID & if lower stops flashing to protect the hardware

Hence new BIOS flashed but older ones do not

Associate
So i flashed a bad bios to my gtx560 ti. And it displayed some weird white stuff.
Well no, it turns out i can't flash ANY, even the backed up original bios. I have tried millions of nvflash versions, even the supposedly bypassed ones, which throw out the same error. Why does that happen, shouldn't they be made NOT to do that?
I have no idea what to do anymore. I've tried everything that the other people who faced this error did, and none of that worked for me. Do i have to resort to the physical bios programmers, or is the card completely gone? I even tried the DOS nvflash and that won't even start. Is there something else i can do when its comes to windows flashing or?

Use version 5.127, this is best version for flashing as others can come up with errors like this.

Associate
OP
not to sure about GPU but every other device ive used with BIOS (from a hardware level) has a hidden BIOS ID number Example 2021 & each version increases.

Flashing the BIOS it will check this ID & if lower stops flashing to protect the hardware

Hence new BIOS flashed but older ones do not
Yeah that makes sense... Is there a way to edit the original bios so the program thinks that the id is newer or the same as the current one?

Associate
OP
I actually managed to fix it by using nibitor and modifying the device id from 1200 to 1202 on the original bios file. FINALLY it works like before. Thank you for your devoted time and suggestions though!

Soldato

What was the error btw?

Nice to see you fixed it though.

Back
Top Bottom