Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Associate
I did a test, it came up one of the best results out of about 80 devices. I've got accubattery projections which are some of the best I've ever seen and I've used it day to day for a week and have some of the best battery performance I've ever had...

**EDIT** btw, I set the increased screen sensitivity setting and it seems to have really helped with the fingerprint sensor. I'm not sure I've had one fail yet all day

We must be talking about different phones than ;)
I've come from a OP 7T and I agree with most of your points. I tried holding my 7T again last night and found it more pleasant to hold, probably due to just feeling a bit slimmer and more lightweight. The P6 is certainly more 'blocky', and I really agree with your sensitivity observation, I have loads of failed taps which are quite annoying. Note using a screen protector yet.

I'm less down on the OS UI to you, no issues for me really apart from I don't love the aesthetic of 12.0 so far, and fight a few bits fiddly. But overall I like it.

I'm still seeing it as an upgrade overall, mostly due to performance, battery life and camera. My 7T certainly had waning battery life and some fairly significant lag and stuttering at times. Is the P6 a big upgrade compared to a brand new 7T even? Maybe not... But at 599 I'm happy to keep it.

camera on its own is probably a reason good enough to keep Pixel 6 for some I imagine. Some photos I took are very impressive I have to say.
I'm not digging OS 12 at all. Cosmetic changes at best and even then it's for the sake of it. But then again it's been like that for a while now with Google. In fact, in my experience every new OS upgradge G brings introduces more issues than good stuff and only after a few months they get sorted. The regular OS udpates that Pixel gets is really is a drawback for me. Give me a finished product, I don't want to be a beta tester! But I get that most people like new shinny things even if buggy.

Soldato
We must be talking about different phones than ;)

Yes, we are. The one you're using and the one I'm using. Most people here are saying they aren't having the experience you're having... it's not complicated. It's fine if you're not liking it, I'm not arguing that, but saying those complimenting it are only doing so because they've been affected by marketing is pretty silly tbh.

Soldato
Did anyone do much research on cases ? I am trying to work out what is the slimmest? I do need one for runs as this is to slippy to hold.

I've got a Spigen Liquid Air for now, it's nice and grippy but does add some bulk. The 6 is the same size as my old phone but I had a nice slim case on that and this certainly feels chunkier in comparison with the case on, so I'll be on the look out for something slimmer.

Alternatively I might try to have the guts to go case free, and just pop one on at certain times, I'm guessing the slim case I had on my old phone gave little protection anyway.

Soldato
Yes, we are. The one you're using and the one I'm using. Most people here are saying they aren't having the experience you're having... it's not complicated. It's fine if you're not liking it, I'm not arguing that, but saying those complimenting it are only doing so because they've been affected by marketing is pretty silly tbh.
Other than FPS I've had no issues with mine. Still unsure on camera performance but time will tell.

Caporegime
I've got a Spigen Liquid Air for now, it's nice and grippy but does add some bulk. The 6 is the same size as my old phone but I had a nice slim case on that and this certainly feels chunkier in comparison with the case on, so I'll be on the look out for something slimmer.

Alternatively I might try to have the guts to go case free, and just pop one on at certain times, I'm guessing the slim case I had on my old phone gave little protection anyway.

Ive got the caseolgy (no idea why it's reviewed so well) too bulky - think I'm going to risk being case free.

Soldato
I just got this

It doesn't look like you're eligible to take part in the Google Pixel 6 promotion. Please check the email we just sent you. Claim Ref: 639-06****

EMAIL:

Claim must be submitted after 14 days from the purchase day. Can you please resubmit your claim from 08/11/2021 on the website below.

Last edited:
Soldato

Ah I was hoping the liquid air would be less bulky than the caseology vault I've got at the moment...

I used this one of the 7T which was very nice and slim, and I was pleased with in every way

iBetter for Oneplus 7T Case, Premium Flexible Rubber Cover Shock Proof with Anti-Scratch Ultra-Thin for Oneplus 7T Smartphone.Blue : Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

except the fact that one day I took the case off and noticed the back of the phone was smashed... without knowing I'd ever done it. So the last part of your post is probably spot on.

Soldato
Ive got the caseolgy (no idea why it's reviewed so well) too bulky - think I'm going to risk being case free.

Yeah I got a caseology as well, everything was showing out of stock so ordered both with the intention of cancelling one when the other arrived, but they both came the same day.

If anyone finds a nice slim one would be good to know.

Man of Honour
Ah I was hoping the liquid air would be less bulky than the caseology vault I've got at the moment...

I used this one of the 7T which was very nice and slim, and I was pleased with in every way

iBetter for Oneplus 7T Case, Premium Flexible Rubber Cover Shock Proof with Anti-Scratch Ultra-Thin for Oneplus 7T Smartphone.Blue : Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

except the fact that one day I took the case off and noticed the back of the phone was smashed... without knowing I'd ever done it. So the last part of your post is probably spot on.
It's massively less bulky than the caseology.

Back
Top Bottom