Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Fair enough, I wasn't aware that keyboards were now such a hot mod, but now I know :)
Surprised no one so far has mentioned the main point: mechanical keyboards are now considered standard for enthusiasts. Choice of key feel and action is a big part of that. Plus being made from discrete components instead of a couple of sheets of plastic and rubber, they're much more solid.

Man of Honour
Surprised no one so far has mentioned the main point: mechanical keyboards are now considered standard for enthusiasts. Choice of key feel and action is a big part of that. Plus being made from discrete components instead of a couple of sheets of plastic and rubber, they're much more solid.
Yeah this TKL board of mine weighs close to 2KG! :eek:

Caporegime
I’ve seen some odd models but that takes the cake! I’d rather spend a quid or two and just buy a real one I can eat.

There is no difference to buying Lego replica of a car that you can't drive, except this is like £12, not £200. The value comes in the building as you know, and £ for time spent, this is good value.

V F

V F

Soldato
Out of interest - why are keyboards now so pimped out? I gave up PC gaming back in 2006 (ish), and back then there didn't seem to be anything special about keyboards, they were just a peripheral to press buttons… I’m struggling to think why anyone could be bothered to ‘mod’ a keyboard for any reason; it’s not like it’ll offer any benefit to gaming (the only reason I can fathom to doing it) – or are they specifically for people who type loads and just want a more comfortable button press??

Genuinely interested, and likely to get flamed, considering the type of forum this is :) Also apologies this isn’t a question posted in Hardware – it was more of a fleeting thought I get, when I see these odd keyboards, with hipster cables and such :D

It's just part of the aesthetic of pretty PCs. If your PC is pretty, has a window, is full of RGB everything, why not extend that to the peripherals too? It's the same as people who bling up their cars.

It's also a great way to get the keyboard you want instead of a cookie cutter board that normally sells in the shops.

The board I've shown above is by far and away better than any board I've ever had including my last one the expensive Ducky Shine 7 which is one of the best retail boards available.

Also it's a therapeutic hobby, like model making, painting etc...

At least for me it wasn't done just solely for the looks, the trying feel is far more important :)

Caporegime
There is no difference to buying Lego replica of a car that you can't drive, except this is like £12, not £200. The value comes in the building as you know, and £ for time spent, this is good value.

Eh? A real pot noodle costs less than the model. A real car costs more than the model. That's literally the worst analogy ever!

Caporegime
Yeah but you can look and admire a model of a Ferrari, can you really do that with a model of a pot noodle lol?

What? My point isn't about looking at it, my point is about TIME spent per £. I literally pointed it out what my perspective is. You might have a different perspective but that is not mine…that is yours. Clearly it is different.

I honestly don't look at lego once built for more than a few days, after a while it starts to gather dust I tear it apart and put it back in the box.

Back
Top Bottom