The universe

Caporegime
I tried but I don't think it was really for people who already know about the universe.

usually love Brian Cox stuff shame
there's better stuff to watch

You can find more interesting stuff on youtube..

yesterday I stumbled across
The actual youtuber seems kinda lame but the content in this video was cool.

the fact this guy is just making the lenses so old school is crazy too me, you could do the same thing at home for probably almost no investment and I bet he sells them for a fortune.

he does say it takes months of polishing though for the high end ones

Last edited:
Soldato
I love Brian Cox

the-legendary-tale-of-gay-meme-fan-casting-poster-76040-large.jpg

Soldato
Guardian review gave it 3/5. Which I'd agree with with its the TV equivalent of a coffee table book nice to look at nothing much of any substance within.
It's not great. Really dumbed down and lazy in its construction. Seemingly more a vehicle for Brian Cox to numb is all into submission with his ultra laconic wonderment. Nothing new to see and nothing that was particularly intellectually challenging to get your head around. I'll stick to the Sky at Night.

Caporegime
I don't really like his programs, he dumbs everything down so much.
he got well known because of his ability to explain things to the common man, but now TV world seems to have him trapped in that mode for all eternity now.

rather than using it to introduce more people to science etc and then get deeper programmes we just get basic stuff for new minds

Soldato
I'm interested in the subject matter but I won't watch anything Cox presents because he's an insufferable tool. Even his voice/the way he speaks annoys me let alone anything he has to say. :p

A load of random horizon space documentaries with anonymous (to me) narrators are infinitely better. Also anything with Jim Al-Khalili presenting is likely to be great too.

Soldato
I don't really like his programs, he dumbs everything down so much.

I doubt thats down to him so much as the editorial direction. Its like the Blue Planet terrific eye candy but very little else, designed to sell well to overseas markets.

Don't get why it's not in 4k either, most of its animations

That'll be reserved for the blu-ray/HD release. Which you'll have to pay for.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom