Are uni students really this fragile?

Soldato
Quite a stretch to think that's the issue at hand here.

It was a dude LARPing as Hitler as part of a serious debate :cry:

Whitewashing/forgetting history is folks who make claims like "RACISM DOESN'T EXIST".

A "serious debate" opened by a teenager gleefully proclaiming "I'm quite drunk" - so much so he was being unable to properly introduce the guest speaker? "LARPing" by adopting the character whose viewpoint he was demonstrating? Really? :rolleyes:

Soldato
A "serious debate" opened by a teenager gleefully proclaiming "I'm quite drunk" - so much so he was being unable to properly introduce the guest speaker? "LARPing" by adopting the character whose viewpoint he was demonstrating? Really? :rolleyes:
lol dude you are so salty.

Teenager = student
Adopting a character = LARPing

University is rich in culture and heritage, especially the Oxbridge lot. Just like our court system where they wear wigs and gowns. The dude was having a bit of a laugh as "speaker of the house". I imagine he is getting way more criticism that he ever bargained for but what he did is not wrong at all.

Soldato
lol, racists and sexists getting sacked - is that your point?

that is not what i meant and you have twisted my words.

you can say something quite innocent these days and over sensitive people accuse you of a racist or sexist comments when really they are not

Last edited:
Soldato
Saw the video, without context of the rest of the debate it's difficult to see his intention but it looks like he was trying to display Hitler's thought processes (including the terrible german accent :D) to show how he ended up with the thinking he had. Whats wrong with that?

Soldato
And yet you seem to think the historian did and it's perfectly fine for them to try and sabotage his career over it? :confused:

You are clearly either trolling or deluded if that's the point of view you genuinely hold, so I'll leave you to it
Sabotage his career? :cry: come off of it. He's some numpty who decided LARPing was the only way to get his point across. It's a crass way of doing things and ultimately left him on the 'do not invite back' list for the duration of this chaps term, presumably. I know y'all froth over cancel culture but this is hardly a brilliant example.

Back
Top Bottom