Kyle Rittenhouse - teen who shot three people in Kenosha

Soldato
I disagree, but in the end it's not for you or I to decide, it's for the jury to decide, they're the ones who have to consider the evidence and work out whether the defendant's actions were reasonable or not.

Simple head injuries can result in TBI or even death. Add on the leverage and weight from a skateboard and that very quickly becomes a deadly weapon.

You seriously underestimate how easy it is to kill with blows to the head. Please, do some research. You clearly have no clue how many 'murderers' are in jail because they got in a fist fight that went horribly wrong with just one strike.

Caporegime
Simple head injuries can result in TBI or even death. Add on the leverage and weight from a skateboard and that very quickly becomes a deadly weapon.

You seriously underestimate how easy it is to kill with blows to the head. Please, do some research. You clearly have no clue how many 'murderers' are in jail because they got in a fist fight that went horribly wrong with just one strike.

If you watched the video, you would see it wasnt any sort of strike to the head with any sort of leverage. He is holding it with one hand at a set of the trucks and just sort of awkwardly falls on him with it. It was basically - man who was holding a skateboard falls on Kyle (presumably with the intent to restrain or disarm him).

Making out like it was some full on blow/strike using the full force of the skateboard is just wildly misrepresenting what happened.

Last edited:
Soldato
You seriously underestimate how easy it is to kill with blows to the head. Please, do some research.

Maybe you should just watch the video? The guy (Rittenhouse) got up and walked calmly down the street without barely a scratch on him, so this 'deadly weapon' you refer to, wasn't exactly being used very effectively was it?

Soldato

It is not that easy to kill with a blow to the head.

If it was, mortuaries would be full every Saturday night when the pubs shut.

Transmission breaker
Don
If you watched the video, you would see it wasnt any sort of strike to the head with any sort of leverage. He is holding it with one hand at a set of the trucks and just sort of awkwardly falls on him with it. It was basically - man who was holding a skateboard falls on Kyle (presumably with the intent to restrain or disarm him).

Making out like it was some full on blow/strike using the full force of the skateboard is just wildly misrepresenting what happened.

I glad he had time to get his force gauge out when he was being over-run and clocked in the head by a hard implement!!

At this point, your arguments are so obtuse, its almost funny!

Caporegime
I glad he had time to get his force gauge out when he was being over-run and clocked in the head by a hard implement!!

At this point, your arguments are so obtuse, its almost funny!

A. That isn't being obtuse

B. It is quite clear that framing it as some violent strike to the head with any sort of leverage or force is completely mis-characterising it. Seriously, watch it again.

Soldato
It is not that easy to kill with a blow to the head.

If it was, mortuaries would be full every Saturday night when the pubs shut.

Yes, it absolutely is. Not getting into it any further than that.

The fact you guys seriously think blows to the head aren't something you should defend yourself against as a threat to your life shows how utterly clueless some of you can be.

Soldato
A. That isn't being obtuse

B. It is quite clear that framing it as some violent strike to the head with any sort of leverage or force is completely mis-characterising it. Seriously, watch it again.

This will be the only time I respond to your constant run-around arguments, so I'm going to leave it at this:

You're sitting there in your armchair with hindsight bias. You have zero concept of being able to put yourself in his situation and act accordingly, and as such I am glad you aren't on the jury.

Soldato
The absolute pile on, on Jono here is hilarious. He isnt being obtuse at all. He's giving what he thinks happened, backing it up with evidence and pictures and being piled on by several posters including a don.

Wow, just lock the thread already.

Caporegime
The absolute pile on, on Jono here is hilarious. He isnt being obtuse at all. He's giving what he thinks happened, backing it up with evidence and pictures and being piled on by several posters including a don.

Wow, just lock the thread already.

I'm astonished that anyone actually agrees that it looks like a proper forceful blow/strike attempt with the board. It just clearly is not.

If i argued the sun was hot, i imagine everyone would say i was trolling or something as well.

Transmission breaker
Don
I'm astonished that anyone actually agrees that it looks like a proper forceful blow/strike attempt with the board. It just clearly is not.

If i argued the sun was hot, i imagine everyone would say i was trolling or something as well.

And I am telling you that if someone is trying to hit me with a skateboard, I am not waiting to see how hard they intend to hit me before I react. I do not believe I am alone in that respect..

Almost like he's trolling?

Just because someone's opinion is ridiculous does not make it trolling.

Soldato
I'm sitting here watching a video that clearly shows a man NOT striking someone violently in the head with a skateboard. He sort of awkwardly splats himself on him, whilst holding the board.

if you were the person being struck , amongst everything else that was happening what would you think?

I think it’s reasonable to assume you were being attacked , it doesn’t really matter if it was fumbled or whatever

Caporegime
And I am telling you that if someone is trying to hit me with a skateboard, I am not waiting to see how hard they intend to hit me before I react. I do not believe I am alone in that respect..

That wasn't what i was arguing though.

I was saying that the actual footage shows it was not a forceful strike/hit with the board.

As to the point you have raised, then yes then it comes down to whether it is reasonable for Kyle to have thought that action from huber was a distinct threat to his life/to great bodily harm.

Back
Top Bottom