• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Should I buy a £3000 GPU or ...

Associate
OP
I'm really not. Why would I want all that guff that adds up to £3000 when what I really wanted is a GPU, an over-priced one at that?
And as the 8 and 16 bit consoles you listed are PAL models, I *definitely* wouldn't want them. Having them would be just as waste of money as that £3k GPU

Deary me :cry:

It isn't important whether or not you would ever actually want to buy any of the consoles (and the car!), the point was that it is actually possible which highlights the ridiculousness of a £3000 GPU that on it's own can do nothing!

You arguing with me over a joke post shows you've missed the point.

Can't believe I had to type that!

Last edited:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

What an absolute garbage thread.

Should I fly to the moon or feed some Africans for 5 generations?

Have I don’t it right? Oh wait… not enough jpegs.

Associate
I found it an amusing thread. Let's face it, the gpu forum is like a tumbleweed rolling a deserted road. It's painfully turgid as the GPU market is effectively dead for a lot of gamer's.

I can afford whatever gpu I like, but I also know the value of money and it ain't a 420 quid 6600 or a 3k willy waver.

Associate
OP
Could you enlighten me then, please?

Of course in a capitalist society some items cost more than others. But the point of this thread is to jokingly show how completed out of control capitalism has gotten in relation to GPU prices.

When a GPU that is functionally useless on it's own is more expensive than amassing a collection of every main console manufacturers games consoles that have been released since 1983, which also includes the two latest consoles which can play nearly all of the same games the £3000 GPU can, it is a bizarre situation. A situation I am making light of with the original post.

But feel free to take it super seriously and get huffy about it.

Caporegime
Excellent point well made, highlighting why so many of my friends have dumped PC gaming - simply no value in it at all these days - When a component for ultimately playing games costs more than a decent used car something has gone badly wrong...

Soldato
I got a PlayStation Now 12 month subscription for about £30. No console or GPU required. Huge library of games to stream. Currently enjoying The Last of Us 2. Gaming has never been so cheap.

Why do high end GPU prices get more complaints than the low end? I think 3060 prices are far more outrageous that a stupid 3090.

Last edited:
Associate
I got a PlayStation Now 12 month subscription for about £30. No console or GPU required. Huge library of games to stream. Currently enjoying The Last of Us 2. Gaming has never been so cheap.

Why do high end GPU prices get more complaints than the low end? I think 3060 prices are far more outrageous that a stupid 3090.

That's very true. But that's probably because these forums contain a lot of enthusiasts who shop at that end of the market.

Back
Top Bottom