Following on from Rittenhouse another Self defence tragedy ...

• Thread starter Deleted member 236143
  • Start date

Deleted member 236143

D

Deleted member 236143

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFrea.../?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

So many will have seen this.

Breakdown. Father goes to pick his son up. Argument ensues with ex wife and step father.

Step father brings a gun.

Toe to Toe argument ensues and Step Father executes the Father on the door step.

To me this is an example of how something within the law is very wrong in this mess. The mother is going to have to now justify to her kids that daddy was wrong to shout and get angry and deserved to be shot dead.

Lots of extra detail and info on this case you can all read up on as this is becoming the latest viral madness of American gun laws.

Soldato
https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFrea.../?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

So many will have seen this.

Breakdown. Father goes to pick his son up. Argument ensues with ex wife and step father.

Step father brings a gun.

Toe to Toe argument ensues and Step Father executes the Father on the door step.

To me this is an example of how something within the law is very wrong in this mess. The mother is going to have to now justify to her kids that daddy was wrong to shout and get angry and deserved to be shot dead.

Lots of extra detail and info on this case you can all read up on as this is becoming the latest viral madness of American gun laws.

I watched that on Reddit a couple of days ago, simply horrible.

What an awful country America has turned out to be.

Couldn't pay me to live there.

Man of Honour
Another example of play stupid games win stupid prizes...

Can't see him getting away with self-defence on that one but being the US who knows.

Deleted member 236143

D

Deleted member 236143

OP
Chad Read is dead.
William Kyle Carruth has so far not been arrested.
His gf Anne-Marie Carruth ex of Chad and mother to Chads kid, is a Judge.

Court records have now been sealed.

Is worth googling this story as it gets even more mental.

Soldato
Poor kid is all I can say.

He gets to grow up probably being told it was his dad's fault and then gets to see this video.

This was premeditated murder and I don't care what kind of "castle doctrine" anyone tried to use.

Tinfoil hat wearers could think this whole thing was set up just so that the step dad could shoot the dad and get him out of the way for good.

Man of Honour
That'll probably be the outcome. Texas is a Castle Doctrine state. Life is very cheap in the US it would seem, ego is more important.

Dunno how it would go in Texas or this situation but seems like the home owner provoked the situation which technically voids Castle Doctrine though it gets more complex than that.

Soldato
Poor kid is all I can say.

He gets to grow up probably being told it was his dad's fault and then gets to see this video.

This was premeditated murder and I don't care what kind of "castle doctrine" anyone tried to use.

Tinfoil hat wearers could think this whole thing was set up just so that the step dad could shoot the dad and get him out of the way for good.

Yeah I can't see how this is anything but premeditated murder. But this is America.

Caporegime
Chad Read is dead.
William Kyle Carruth has so far not been arrested.
His gf Anne-Marie Carruth ex of Chad and mother to Chads kid, is a Judge.

Court records have now been sealed.

Is worth googling this story as it gets even more mental.

William's girlfriend isn't Anne-Marie I don't think. Anne-Marie is William's (the shooter) ex-wife, she's the judge and no relation to Chad or his kids.

Last edited:
Soldato
He wanted to use that gun, he just needed an excuse to do it.

...........and yet the smaller guy stood still whilst being chest to chest with someone who was being "aggressive" towards him (shouting "you'd best use it before I take it off you and use it on you", chest bumping him etc) as the "aggressive" man refused to back away as told, then he even fired a warning shot into the ground to try and make the guy move away who didn't but instead the "aggressive" guy tried to grab for his gun.

After all that he finally decided, after the "aggressive" guys failed attempt to grapple for his gun which slung him yards away, that now he felt his life would be in danger and fired.

I am absolutely fully on the "aggressive" man's side regarding his responses whilst trying to collect his kid - however - irrespective of the legal "right/wrong" child custody argument which led to his shooting, common bloody sense tells you when a man comes out of his house with a gun you don't yell "You'd best use that thing or I'll take it off you and use it on you" before rushing up to him, getting chest to chest and then grabbing for the gun after a warning shot was fired and now he's dead. He should have just backed away to the curb (not on the guys property) and called the police telling them an armed man is threatening him, he'd still be alive and hell it'd probably be better for him in family court I'd guess, but instead he's dead and the kids have lost a father because rather than doing the sensible thing he decided life was a movie and he could disarm the bad guy.

The second he saw that gun, as an unarmed man, his "understandable upto that point" anger jumped to 11 and that directly led to his shooting so I'd say the shooter will very probably "get away" with this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom