The 2021 Black Friday Deals Thread

Soldato
Ditto and what are you building with nearly 100TB of storage :eek:?

They're here!

uc

Soldato
Ordered an LG OLED C1 77", probably the cheapest I've seen it for (although not looked too hard!). Delivery Tuesday. Replacing my lovely 100" UST all because the missus wants to watch soaps without the projector fan going :(

Please a few pics when you have it set up! (Slight jealousy)

Caporegime
Is that a Samsung? I wonder what other ls experiences are. I have a f8000 for 5 years, had a power supply or main board fault within its first year otherwise fine after.

I'm sure all tvs have their quality issues. Panasonic plasmas were usually bought in smaller numbers.

It will be the last Samsung TV I ever buy that is for sure. I bought a 50" HiSense for the bedroom at the same time and is still fantastic and it gets just as much traffic.

Associate
Got two 23andme Health and Ancestry kits for £118! Offer still valid today as well. Was talking about doing one of these for a while now, be interesting to see some insights into our genetic makeup.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Mine's 11 years old and is just showing the first signs of its impending doom. It's been a good investment.

Mine has to be 15years old at least and its refusing to die, although after having the smart meter fitted it no longer gets left on when I pop upstairs to potter about for 10mins or so :)

Associate
I had a UT50 plasma. Great TV. Replaced it with a C9. Sold the UT50 to some friends. Still in use today. Got in 2012, so 9 years old. Only issue is some slight burn-in from subtitle's black background. Only visible on really dark or really bright scenes and even then very subtle.

Soldato
Got two 23andme Health and Ancestry kits for £118! Offer still valid today as well. Was talking about doing one of these for a while now, be interesting to see some insights into our genetic makeup.
Careful, you may be dobbing in a murderous family member :o

Soldato
I'm not sure Panasonic Plasmas break :cry:

Mine did at just over ten years old. It would probably have been very easy to fix - the fault was only that one of the fans on the back starting getting rather noisy. But I wanted an excuse for a new OLED, and there was no one interested in it even for free. So it went to the tip.

Back
Top Bottom