Poll: Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2021, Jeddah - Race 21

Rate the 2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Max & Lewis both got summoned to the stewards office 8.40PM (so now basically to learn their fates & penalties-I suspect both will get penalities for the next race & or time added to this race!).

Soldato
Interesting interview with Hamilton, diplomatic but honest. Max is way over the line, but the FIA allow him to get away with it and have turned him into such a driver.
Weak authority at the top has got us to where we are now. Turning a blind eye to the same moves race after race after race. This isn't a 2021 thing either Max has been doing it his whole career.

Might come back to bite them on the **** next week if Max crashes Lewis out of the race and this whole thing ends up needing to be decided in court.

Man of Honour
Verstappen during his driver of the day interview:

Luckily the fans have a clear mind about racing. What happened today is unbelievable. I am just trying to race. This sport is more about penalties than racing. For me that‘s not F1. At least the fans enjoyed it.

Soldato
Lewis Hamilton has a chat: “For me, I had to try and keep my cool out there ... which was really difficult to do, like, I’ve raced a lot of drivers through my life, in the 28 years [of racing] I’ve come across a lot of different characters, and there’s a few like at the top which are kind of over the limit ... yeah ... rules don’t apply.

“Today I just tried to do my talking on the track, keep the car between the white lines, and do it the right way, I was trying to catch ... we got the pole, then I lost out, then I got back past, he passed over the kerb.

“There were just so many crazy curveballs ... then he obviously brake-tested, I think, to try and get the DRS back into turn 1 to overtake me again. There was the commotion, I lost my wing ... I took a lot of risks to get fastest lap.

“He’s over the limit, for sure. I mean I’ve avoided collision on so many occasions with the guy and I don’t always mind being the one that does that, you live to fight fight another day, which I obviously did.”

Hamilton gives his version of the contact with Verstappen: “I didn’t get the information, so I didn’t really understand what was going on, it was very very confusing, all of a sudden he started backing up and started moving a little bit [across the track], I was like: “Is he trying to play some crazy tactic? I don’t know.” The message started coming through just as he ... like, he hit the brakes so hard that I nearly went up the back of him and took us both out.

“For him ... it doesn’t matter for him if we don’t both finish. For me, we both need to finish ... but it’ll be interesting to see what happens.

“I’m personally chilled ... I’m personally chilled ... I feel like I’m in the boxing ring, and I’m ready to go.”

Soldato
In amongst all the crazyness did we ascertain did Lewis get by on merit in the end or did Max give him the place?!

and if so did he actually have too?! Cos I'm not sure what was going on by that point!

Soldato
In amongst all the crazyness did we ascertain did Lewis get by on merit in the end or did Max give him the place?!

and if so did he actually have too?! Cos I'm not sure what was going on by that point!

On the replays Martin Brundle kept saying he let him by. Then we had the radio telling Max he didn't have to do that, but that might been said just to potentially to get the 5s penalty removed.

Soldato
Why would Lewis get a penalty, crash was the 1 moving and breaking
Masi said to Ron Meadows that Lewis was on the verge of a black & white flag for pushing Verstappen wide when going through at the last corner. Which in itself is BS as Lewis knew exactly what Max was doing, trying to get the jump through DRS, and was trying to ensure he actually kept the place Max was ordered to give him back. I believe that's what Lewis was summoned to the stewards for.

Soldato
How does Di Resta know Lewis was obviously looking for the DRS point? He also said he doesn't know exactly what 'strategically' means when said on the radio to Max.

He is literally making stuff up for LH without evidence, and then excusing the evidence against RBR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom