Poll: Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2021, Jeddah - Race 21

Rate the 2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
yeah but he is looking in his mirrors and the closing speeds arent massive. I think he's playing games trying to let him past and be on his rear wing instantly. Nothing malicious just doing everything to get an advantage

My thoughts too, some ex drivers have suggested Lewis was also thinking about the DRS line.

Yeah but you just don't do that,

Says who? It's not in the rule book and giving position at 1st and 2nd when fighting for the championship you aren't going to give more than necessary.

Man of Honour
Voted 3.
3 for result.
2 for the track looks fun for a hot lap.
3 for the Lights and drone display
-1 for meh race.
-4 for Race Control and Stewards being incompetent.

Soldato
Horner is so passive aggressive :D

he's so ridiculously tunnel vissioned about Max

Max can do no wrong.....Trying to claim that Hamilton was messing around thinking about the DRS line etc - In that moment, the heat of battle, there is NO WAY that Hamilton has thought about all that....

Soldato
Horner is a clown, they have both gone off the circuit. Ham clearly making the corner. Verstappen comes steaming thru and ham has to avoid by going off the track.

Soldato
Horner does chat some ****.

Max on those outside overtakes just basically goes 'I'm braking last doesn't matter where you are outside me' even if he straight lines the corner.

Hamilton would have made that corner but he couldn't!

Man of Honour
Horner does chat some ****.

Max on those outside overtakes just basically goes 'I'm braking last doesn't matter where you are outside me' even if he straight lines the corner.

Hamilton would have made that corner but he couldn't!

And max gains an advantage by cutting the corner out all together.

Next weekend is going to be a blinder. Advantage Mercedes though. Horner seemed defeated.

Soldato
Meanwhile, Verstappen again, on the contact with Hamilton: “I was just down-shifting and braking for him to go by ... I looked in the mirror and waited for him to pass ... maybe there was some confusion ... I was already off the racing line, I don’t know ... maybe he was looking for the DRS, they told me on the radio to let him by, so that’s what I did.

“Like always, I’ll try to do the best I can [next weekend].

Soldato
Max just said in the interview that he was changing down gears and braking.

It's obvious Verstappen was gaming the DRS line and Lewis was just confused, probably thinking it was a brake check and hence slamming on the brakes himself.

In hindsight he could just have driven round Max if he wasn't following so closely (which he was as he was trying to set up the next straight).

I'd like to think it wasn't a real brake check.

Soldato
It's obvious Verstappen was gaming the DRS line and Lewis was just confused, probably thinking it was a brake check and hence slamming on the brakes himself.

In hindsight he could just have driven round Max if he wasn't following so closely (which he was as he was trying to set up the next straight).

How can Hamilton do that when he can't trust Verstappen to even attempt to stick to the driver conventions on fair racing?

Man of Honour
Interesting interview with Hamilton, diplomatic but honest. Max is way over the line, but the FIA allow him to get away with it and have turned him into such a driver.

Hamilton badly needs bottas behind him in P2 in Abu Dhabi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom