Poll: Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2021, Jeddah - Race 21

Rate the 2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Yeah it’s hard to argue with any of it to be honest.

max was being as dirty as possible in every situation possible.

You wouldn’t want your first WDC under these circumstances.

The red flag and the changing of tires is also pretty lol worthy too, I expect it changes next season.

next week is going to be mental! And I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we see another kamikaze move like we saw years ago.

Caporegime
I know this is a bit of a nasty title race with ill feeling, plenty of farce and over the top competitiveness, but it’s been excellent for the sport in the way of drawing viewers and new fans in.

Upto this season I could take or leave F1, but this season has made it absolutely essential viewing and now I’m hooked. I’ve gone from maybe watching a race to tuning in for all the practice sessions!

Man of Honour
Charlie wouldn’t have let us get in to this mess. Today was an utter shambles from start to finish.

A red flag after 5 laps of a SC after the car is removed. As far as I know, no one even touched the red-pro barriers either.

No punishment for Max going straight over T1 even though Lewis legitimately made the corner (first time).

Masi giving red bull the option to start P3 instead of putting it to the stewards then checking back with them to make sure they were happy with the decision :confused:

No black and white flag for Verstappen for causing a collision / brake testing Hamilton.

No warning to RB to let Hamilton back through after the Spa-2008-like give/take back shenanigans.

A 5s penalty for gaining an advantage after going straight over T1 and nearly wiping out Ocon and Lewis.

…then threatens Mercedes to give Lewis a black and white flag for “forcing” Max wide, even though he clearly left Hamilton through and went wide himself BEFORE the corner (I’m guessing so he could plant his foot down and exit much quicker).

I’ve got no respect for him.

Agreed, the black and white flag was insulting.

Caporegime
I know this is a bit of a nasty title race with ill feeling, plenty of farce and over the top competitiveness, but it’s been excellent for the sport in the way of drawing viewers and new fans in.

Upto this season I could take or leave F1, but this season has made it absolutely essential viewing and now I’m hooked

lol, it’s not normally like this at all.

Soldato
Was that what the 5s was definitely for?

I was thinking it was basically for failing to let Hamilton properly past, so basically the original incident.
It was for leaving track at T1 and gaining advantage.

(the time just before the collision)

Soldato
Lando saying what everyone thinks about being allowed to change tyres under a red flag situation.

People talked about it last year but nothing changed. Really sucks when people lose out on merit.

If Max won due to his tyre advantage at the first red flag it's all everyone would be talking about right now (and rightfully so).

Soldato
but at the moment - it's not clear that Hamilton had also been told about "taking" the place from Max....

So why would he be thinking about the DRS line without knowing he was to take the place....

Lewis was just asked why he didn't just pass Max and said that if he overtook him Max would have had DRS to retake him.

This was 1 of 2 reasons he gave, so he was aware of the DRS line like the other former drivers said.

Soldato
Lewis was just asked why he didn't just pass Max and said that if he overtook him Max would have had DRS to retake him.

This was 1 of 2 reasons he gave, so he was aware of the DRS line like the other former drivers said.

yeah - fair enough - 1st time I've heard that so my point in mute now.... now that the information is out there.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Lewis ahead after the standing restart…

Max tries to outbreak him and go around the outside by runs wide.

Instead of following the curve to the right he immediately goes left and straight in to the path of Lewis.
https://ibb.co/nmsYKQR

In my mind, this (after the first red flag) was the worst of the 2 incidents. If anything, the 2nd incident just looked like sour grapes do-or-die.

Caporegime
I think Max and Jos would both be quite proud of it, that's the sad thing.

I'm quite sure Max will will championships and will deserve them, I'm not sure it's this year.

If Red bull make a car that competes for the championship next year. Redbull have been in the wilderness since 2014 and is the first year they have been able to challenge and then next year you have rule change.

Max is 24 now. If the car doesn't show up he will be in his late twenties before he has another crack again.

Then again if the car turns out to be a tour de force he could be 4-5 time champion in no time at all.

Soldato
In my mind, this (after the first red flag) was the worst of the 2 incidents. If anything, the 2nd incident just looked like sour grapes do-or-die.

I don't think it's a coincidence Red Bull were keen to take Masi's deal and not send this incident to the stewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom