Poll: Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2021, Jeddah - Race 21

Rate the 2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Masi said to Ron Meadows that Lewis was on the verge of a black & white flag for pushing Verstappen wide when going through at the last corner. Which in itself is BS as Lewis knew exactly what Max was doing, trying to get the jump through DRS, and was trying to ensure he actually kept the place Max was ordered to give him back. I believe that's what Lewis was summoned to the stewards for.
It’s a bit of a cheek to threaten a B&W flag for Lewis when you see what max gets away with

Soldato
I think Max's telemetry could be quite damning - seeing it again, just before the impact he's in 3rd and his revs audibly drop sharply. From Lewis' view the gap suddenly closes quicker than it had been closing - there's a pretty quick change in the speed difference and that can only be Lewis speeding up or Max slowing more.

I think he's braked slightly.

It's unlikely we'll ever get to see that sort of data though I guess, probably the best we can hope for is detail in whatever stewards report appears.

Soldato
I think Max's telemetry could be quite damning - seeing it again, just before the impact he's in 3rd and his revs audibly drop sharply. From Lewis' view the gap suddenly closes quicker than it had been closing - there's a pretty quick change in the speed difference and that can only be Lewis speeding up or Max slowing more.

I think he's braked slightly.

It's unlikely we'll ever get to see that sort of data though I guess, probably the best we can hope for is detail in whatever stewards report appears.
Dock him a point so he can’t just wipe out Lewis in the next race

Soldato
He said in the interview that he braked. It's been quoted earlier in this thread.
I mean specifically in the last moment, as in he's braked a bit harder still.

Edit - this is why I think Lewis' immediate reaction was brake check, not referring to the entire action of slowing but tapping the brakes when Lewis had closed up.

Soldato
How does Di Resta know Lewis was obviously looking for the DRS point? He also said he doesn't know exactly what 'strategically' means.

He is literally making stuff up for LH without evidence, and then excusing the evidence against RBR.

You're being disingenuous. Di Resta said he didn't know specifically what strategy they were referring to which he wouldn't know since he isn't apart of the team.

Di Resta, Davidson and Hill all believe Lewis would have thought about the DRS line and I don't think it's so far out of the realm of possibility to believe either.

Soldato
Max simply needs to move to the left or right hand side of the track and the incident doesn't happen. Make it obvious.

By sitting in the middle of the track, he didn't make it obvious to the driver behind.... Simple.

Soldato
You're being disingenuous. Di Resta said he didn't know specifically what strategy they were referring to which he wouldn't know since he isn't apart of the team.

Di Resta, Davidson and Hill all believe Lewis would have thought about the DRS line and I don't think it's so far out of the realm of possibility to believe either.

So letting Max letting Hamilton past strategically could mean anything (he isn't part of the team). But he will happily hypothesise that Hamilton was playing games for the DRS line, based on nothing but the fact the DRS line was coming up.

All Hamilton saw was a massively slowing car right in front of him and was told Verstappen may have been letting him past just after they crash.

Soldato

but at the moment - it's not clear that Hamilton had also been told about "taking" the place from Max....

So why would he be thinking about the DRS line without knowing he was to take the place....

Caporegime
Just did a speed run of the race….

OH BOY
yZfflcy

Soldato
Max simply needs to move to the left or right hand side of the track and the incident doesn't happen. Make it obvious.

By sitting in the middle of the track, he didn't make it obvious to the driver behind.... Simple.

That's Max's cheating methods. Instead of letting Hamilton past, he left it so that Hamilton would hesitate at a couple of unclear choices, or chose an action that Max could then take advantage of, claiming it was all down to what Hamilton chose to do. Max is sitting on the racing line and braking, and then saying "I don't know why he ran into the back of me".

At best, Max was slowing to get DRS advantage to get that place back straight away, and if Hamilton hits him and loses his wing, or they both go out of the race, that's just fine and advantageous for Max. Max knew what he was doing while hiding behind a fig leaf of feigned innocence held in place by Horner.

Soldato
So letting Hamilton past strategically could mean anything. But he will happily hypothesise that Hamilton was playing games for the DRS line.

If you think it's mind games then that's on you. I don't think that was the case at all, no one has implied that.

but at the moment - it's not clear that Hamilton had also been told about "taking" the place from Max....

So why would he be thinking about the DRS line without knowing he was to take the place....

That's right. It isn't clear.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Charlie wouldn’t have let us get in to this mess. Today was an utter shambles from start to finish.

A red flag after 5 laps of a SC after the car is removed. As far as I know, no one even touched the red-pro barriers either.

No punishment for Max going straight over T1 even though Lewis legitimately made the corner (first time).

Masi giving red bull the option to start P3 instead of putting it to the stewards then checking back with them to make sure they were happy with the decision :confused:

No black and white flag for Verstappen for causing a collision / brake testing Hamilton.

No warning to RB to let Hamilton back through after the Spa-2008-like give/take back shenanigans.

A 5s penalty for gaining an advantage after going straight over T1 and nearly wiping out Ocon and Lewis.

…then threatens Mercedes to give Lewis a black and white flag for “forcing” Max wide, even though he clearly left Hamilton through and went wide himself BEFORE the corner (I’m guessing so he could plant his foot down and exit much quicker).

I’ve got no respect for him.

Soldato
Charlie wouldn’t have let us get in to this mess. Today was an utter shambles from start to finish.

A red flag after 5 laps of a SC after the car is removed. As far as I know, no one even touched the red-pro barriers either.

No punishment for Max going straight over T1 even though Lewis legitimately made the corner (first time).

Masi giving red bull the option to start P3 instead of putting it to the stewards then checking back with them to make sure they were happy with the decision :confused:

No black and white flag for Verstappen for causing a collision / brake testing Hamilton.

No warning to RB to let Hamilton back through after the Spa-2008-like give/take back shenanigans.

A 5s penalty for gaining an advantage after going straight over T1 and nearly wiping out Ocon and Lewis.

…then threatens Mercedes to give Lewis a black and white flag for “forcing” Max wide, even though he clearly left Hamilton through and went wide himself BEFORE the corner (I’m guessing so he could plant his foot down and exit much quicker).

Couldn’t have summed it up better myself

Soldato
Was that what the 5s was definitely for?

I was thinking it was basically for failing to let Hamilton properly past, so basically the original incident.

Soldato

And payments to one of his accounts from an "unknown" source..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom