Matrix Awakens Unreal Engine 5 Demo

Caporegime
Dear god. I haven't felt this sense of awe and wonderment since diving into the water in the original Far Cry game*. It's incredible technology. I'm only playing on Series S so it must be rendering at something ludicrously low like 540p (from the show rendered pixels option) and then doing some magical upscaling. If this is the kind of visuals we can get but have to drop back to 30fps, then I'll flippin' take it. :D

Damn, it makes Sony's Spider-man games look totally naff, flying over the city and seeing the detail and draw distances, etc.

*Well not quite, MS Flight Simulator was very jaw dropping on first play.

Last edited:
Soldato
What the hell did I just watch, looks insane, kinda old Operation Wolf type vibe during the car chase bit, but the graphics are a little better :D

Soldato
Unreal 5 really does feel like a huge leap forward, to have something like this running in real-time on my console. The nanite and lumen systems are doing incredible things.

Associate
This demo is absolutely stunning. I’m just driving around taking screenshots. This really is next level stuff. Just amazed by this I really am.

My hope is that this ends up being an full open word matrix game.

I bet there’s some secrets to be found in the map. Oracle maybe??

The next gta game will be impressive no doubt but I don’t think it will look this good.

Back
Top Bottom