Basic add blocker?

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Dunno acually as they are very good at avoiding them.

Best suggestion is to use an Indian IP (VPN) and subscribe for about £4 for the year I reckon!

pihole blocks 90% of them

Doesn't block any of mine...

Used pi hole for years. Seen many devices in the house still get youtube stuff which is why I dont believe it intercepts as much as 90%.

ublock might be ok if your watching it on a browser.. but to block everything and save you hassle the vpn sub might save you some bandwidth! :)

Soldato
Used pi hole for years. Seen many devices in the house still get youtube stuff which is why I dont believe it intercepts as much as 90%.

ublock might be ok if your watching it on a browser.. but to block everything and save you hassle the vpn sub might save you some bandwidth! :)
then you have not set it up correctly to block youtube

you cant just install pi-hole & job done you need to either add ad-lists OR teach it. same as ublock

Or
Search pihole block youtube & you will find a github adlist to block youtube ads

GitHub - kboghdady/youTube_ads_4_pi-hole: YouTube script to add the new Ads list for Pi-hole

i got 16 devices connected via pihole blocking 30%+ & no youtube ads

example domains
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kboghdady/youTube_ads_4_pi-hole/master/youtubelist.txt

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys, ublock origin seems to be working great.

I mostly just watch music videos on YouTube on a Saturday night on the TV downstairs, but getting an add in between each one particularly as I normally have it turned up pretty loud is just ******* annoying.

V F

V F

Soldato

you cant just install pi-hole & job done you need to either add ad-lists OR teach it. same as ublock

Or
Search pihole block youtube & you will find a github adlist to block youtube ads

GitHub - kboghdady/youTube_ads_4_pi-hole: YouTube script to add the new Ads list for Pi-hole

example domains
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kboghdady/youTube_ads_4_pi-hole/master/youtubelist.txt

How about twitch... Can you get those locked out? It was a bit finicky on UBlock.

Soldato

Or

example domains

Is that with the YouTube app though?

I've added several lists to Adguard and I can block them through the browser, but the actual app finds a way through.

Soldato
How about twitch... Can you get those locked out? It was a bit finicky on UBlock.

Twitch has been a pain, they're actively working against adblockers and the uBo team did a few workarounds only for those to stop working in a mere few days.

Another group have been focusing on blocking Twitch ads: https://github.com/pixeltris/TwitchAdSolutions

Each recommended solution has their own ups and downs so be sure to read up on how they work and use whatever you feel has the best compromise.

I just gave up personally, I only watch a very small number of channels, which I'm already subbed to.

V F

V F

Soldato
I managed to get mine all blocked out on twitch through Ublock. I believe it was some custom filters through github and some manual entries. So far so good I think, it has been a week or two since I've seen ads on any channel on the PC. Including big channels with thousands of viewers.

Getting them blocked through the apps on iOS it seems impossible but not through Safari.

Back
Top Bottom