Poll: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021, Yas Island - Race 22

Rate the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix out of ten. If you want. I can’t be arsed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Wow is that what happened they just let 5 cars go by and ended the SC?

I think Merc have a case, RB lobby, then due process for ending SC isnt followed.

Masi bottled it under pressure from Karen... Shame

Safety cars always make F1 a lottery. They need a better process. Maybe ban S/C and VSC pit stops

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Wow is that what happened they just let 5 cars go by and ended the SC?

I think Merc have a case, RB lobby, then due process for ending SC isnt followed.
Yes. The safety car was pulling to one side as the message came up and the race continue.

Soldato
This will be decided by a safety car or red flag I feel. When did we last get a flag to flag race without even a vsc?

:(

I think that's the least deserved championship I have ever seen in any form of Motorsport I have watched.

The lottery of F1 needs to change with the VSC and SCs, red flags. We had a good race with a Victor on skill and pace only for it to be taken away with luck. Luck is in any aspect of sport but with such a technical sport like f1, they could improve fairness with no pit stops unless in live racing. Always use a VSC unless the track is physically blocked etc.

Oh well.

Soldato
Sadly either way the FIA have ruined this.

It taints Max's win because it feels massively contrived - he was gifted that. It feels hard to respect that as a title deciding moment.

Equally if Mercedes pursued it legally and got it overturned, people aren't going to respect a title awarded to Lewis in that circumstance.

Masi / FIA have robbed us all of a genuine decider by intervening like that.

Soldato
I dont like to see races decided by cars changing tyres under SC, VSC and Red Flag. F1 needs a complete rules overhaul in that area. It's happened so many times this season and many others, changing results unfairly.

I'm happy for Max, you need some luck to win a title, he had it this time. The FIA were the villain here and they are making a joke of the sport. These last few races have been just unbelievable from the rule setters.

I mostly agree with this but feel the FIA get far to much pressure from Merc and RB that makes the job so much harder. It's an impossible job made even harder.

Lando highlighted how bad things are allowing tire changes under a red flag, unless there's damage and a risk to safety there shouldn't be any change. The same goes with all this drama over radio to the FIA.

Associate
The FIA have intervened there and virtually fixed the result.

Red Bull took a gamble to pit, give up position to back markers on the risk that they may or may not be let go.

Mercedes took the gamble that the safety car would last long enough to reach the end while unlapping or that Max would sacrifice position.

The FIA, seemingly for the first time ever, have then at short notice decided to reorder only the cars that are between Max and Lewis.

That just isn't sporting because they're changing the parameters the teams are making decisions within. If they'd known beforehand that regardless Max would be put behind Lewis, Mercedes would have pit Lewis.

Fixed the result? so Lewis let Max pass him then.

Soldato
Masi bottled it under pressure from Karen... Shame

Safety cars always make F1 a lottery. They need a better process. Maybe ban S/C and VSC pit stops

I don't think Horner influenced him at all.

It's just the stupid stuff F1 does to try and maintain face, like not let the safety car take the checkered flag. Why not? Everyone knows what happened.

Soldato
Sadly either way the FIA have ruined this.

It taints Max's win because it feels massively contrived - he was gifted that. It feels hard to respect that as a title deciding moment.

Equally if Mercedes pursued it legally and got it overturned, people aren't going to respect a title awarded to Lewis in that circumstance.

Masi / FIA have robbed us all of a genuine decider by intervening like that.

Totally agree.

Soldato
Problem is if you watch all the videos where they ask team bosses and people in position. They all wanted a change. That kind of pressure and opinion does add up.

As Ted said in his quali notebook. We want a competitive championship, not a predestined result which is a 'change'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom