RivaTuner OSD available in VR?

Associate
Hi all! Thinking about buying a Quest 2 for some standalone and some PC VR :)

Whenever I begin a new game for the first time (on my monitor) I always spend 10-mins tweaking my graphics quality settings to ensure a smooth framerate by showing FPS and Frametime (amongst other things) on-screen via the RivaTuner OSD. I use a keyboard shortcut to toggle the PSD on and off.

My question here simply is - presumably this will still work and display once in a Steam VR game? For example, I can get this to show in Assetto Corsa Competizione on my monitor... so presumably I can also get it to show in an Oculus (as I realise I'll have to reduce settings).

Thanks!

Associate
Hi all! Thinking about buying a Quest 2 for some standalone and some PC VR :)

Whenever I begin a new game for the first time (on my monitor) I always spend 10-mins tweaking my graphics quality settings to ensure a smooth framerate by showing FPS and Frametime (amongst other things) on-screen via the RivaTuner OSD. I use a keyboard shortcut to toggle the PSD on and off.

My question here simply is - presumably this will still work and display once in a Steam VR game? For example, I can get this to show in Assetto Corsa Competizione on my monitor... so presumably I can also get it to show in an Oculus (as I realise I'll have to reduce settings).

Thanks!
Ive not used that app much so could be wrong but i dont think it works in vr. It'd just show on your monitor.
I use fpsVR to show fps etc in vr, its a steam app, costs about £3.
I'm not sure but i think the oculus software (oculus debug tool) has a setting to show an fps counter in vr.
So u have other options for sure. As i say i use fpsVR and find it useful.

Associate
OP
Ive not used that app much so could be wrong but i dont think it works in vr. It'd just show on your monitor.
I use fpsVR to show fps etc in vr, its a steam app, costs about £3.
I'm not sure but i think the oculus software (oculus debug tool) has a setting to show an fps counter in vr.
So u have other options for sure. As i say i use fpsVR and find it useful.

That's helpful, thanks! I'm definitely open to other solutions.

One thing I perhaps hadn't realised though - so in theory, when I plug in an Oculus Quest 2... the game itself would still show on the monitor too?

Associate
That's helpful, thanks! I'm definitely open to other solutions.

One thing I perhaps hadn't realised though - so in theory, when I plug in an Oculus Quest 2... the game itself would still show on the monitor too?
Usually, yes. You'll often get a left and right image, one for each eye. But its not using much of your computing power as its just a mirror of your vr display.
Edit: pcvr games streamed to your quest 2 will mirror on your monitor but native q2 games won't.

Last edited:
Soldato
Competizione mirrors on your main monitor, and you can have it display fps and cpu usage in game on the UI. I use it myself there's no additional overheads with any overlays. Make sure ACC is running in the active window too, or it stutters with the frames.

Associate
OP
Competizione mirrors on your main monitor, and you can have it display fps and cpu usage in game on the UI. I use it myself there's no additional overheads with any overlays. Make sure ACC is running in the active window too, or it stutters with the frames.

Thanks @lokiss. Nottingham - me too :)

Back
Top Bottom