Best AIO I can fit in my case? What would you put in if...?

Associate
I have this case https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categ...ed-Glass-Mid-Tower-Smart-Case/p/CC-9011173-WW

...and ordered the artic Liquid 240 which I think will fit.
Is there a better cooler which will do a better job, I should be considering?
Id like an AIO so I can access components as easily as possbile.

Its the first cooler ive ordered myself, liked what I read, seemed to fit. Ive already ordered an Artic Liquid 240... I gather no other artic coolers would fit in this case?

Associate
The case can fit a 360/280mm in the front, a 240mm on the roof or 120mm in the rear, so artic liquid freezer II will fit on the roof, with fans exhausting...what are you putting in the case?

Associate
OP
The case can fit a 360/280mm in the front, a 240mm on the roof or 120mm in the rear, so artic liquid freezer II will fit on the roof, with fans exhausting...what are you putting in the case?
There is a 3080 in the case and a 5900X coming.
I plan to OC the 5900, but was thinking I might have to wait until I had a bigger case and a bigger cooler before being able to do that, and was thinking the 240 artic freezer would be too small. Ive nothing to compare it to except what ive learned in the last day.

Associate
OP
I would say that cooler if it fits in the top would be fine.
I dont have much choice. Quite like my 3 front fans blowing into the case, with one exhaust fan, helping to cool GPU.
Do you think id be able to OC the Ryzen 5900 with that cooler?

I checked and have the latest bios installed (except the beta, I avoided that).
Who sets the CPU fan curve when you buy a new CPU? Ive never set one up. Pre built machine.
Most important things to check when the CPU arrives?
Im off to watch youtube vids to hopefully learn a thing or two.
Thanks for your help.

Associate
OP
I would say that cooler if it fits in the top would be fine.
I dont have much choice. Quite lik
You wont need to overclock, possibly a slight undervolt. Maybe use the PBO setting. Let it do its thing.
Anything wrong with using Ryzen Master to do an AUTO OC?
Ive got a friend telling me the 240 artic liquid freezer isnt enough for the CPU.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The Arctic is one of the best AIO at cooling. What it comes down to is the size that will fit in your case. They are quite thick from what I hear but you say you already ordered the 240 where a bigger one might fit the front.
If I had a bigger one at the front, would I set it to push air out or pull air in? Im really not sure whats best at this stage.
At what temp would a 5900 start throttling back whilst fps gaming?

Man of Honour
If I had a bigger one at the front, would I set it to push air out or pull air in? Im really not sure whats best at this stage.
At what temp would a 5900 start throttling back whilst fps gaming?

Front aio usually draw cold air in cooling the rad but there as trade off as gpu temps can increase.

Associate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaMJ5ZHjI2Y&ab_channel=JayzTwoCents

explains it quite well. 240mm on top would work, 3 air pulling from front, rad with 2 fans exhausting on top...trade off is fans have to work harder compared to a 360mm so run higher speed, so you get more noise. Plenty of post with people having 240mm and a 5900X, but some have said can get noisy under load.
Before you go down the 360mm on the front(draw cold air in still as Micky said) and exhaust out top, you need to check depth..It's not the deepest case with max 300mm gpu...you need to measure if you put a rad on front whether that reduces the length of your gpu space. Don'y know how long your 3080 is no could fit no problem, but just check 1st.. a 3080fe is 285mm so would fit..don't know if dimension allowance for case includes the provision of a rad on front...freezer 2 360mm rad is 53mm thick

Associate
OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaMJ5ZHjI2Y&ab_channel=JayzTwoCents

explains it quite well. 240mm on top would work, 3 air pulling from front, rad with 2 fans exhausting on top...trade off is fans have to work harder compared to a 360mm so run higher speed, so you get more noise. Plenty of post with people having 240mm and a 5900X, but some have said can get noisy under load.
Before you go down the 360mm on the front(draw cold air in still as Micky said) and exhaust out top, you need to check depth..It's not the deepest case with max 300mm gpu...you need to measure if you put a rad on front whether that reduces the length of your gpu space. Don'y know how long your 3080 is no could fit no problem, but just check 1st.. a 3080fe is 285mm so would fit..don't know if dimension allowance for case includes the provision of a rad on front...freezer 2 360mm rad is 53mm thick
Thanks for this. The 240 fits nicely.

Back
Top Bottom