Who was your teenage crush?

Man of Honour
Joanna Whalley and Susana Hoffs.

later in life I sat next to Hoffs on a flight from Dublin and she was still gorgeous and chatty and small, really small.

Soldato
There's no perv like an old perv. Not even the girls from Abba, in their glorious prime, could displace Purdey at the top of the teenage lust ladder. Debbie Harry had a darn good try though.

lw1aj0y.jpg

QEBFMZF.jpg
R7cR3VK.jpg
I'm going to wander off and cry into my denture pot. If I can remember where I put it.

• Haha
Reactions: SPG
My crush was Joanna Lumley, although not from Absolutely Fabulous. Instead, I liked her from her own TV show called Girl Friday. It was kinda like "I'm A Celebrity" (Get Me Out Of Here), but it was recorded in 1994, so it pre-dated the Jungle by about 10 years. She was on an island just off Madagascar and had to survive on there for around 2 weeks using the resources from the island.

067pKv8.jpg

Man of Honour
Sigourney Weaver. More accurately, Ripley. It was the character, not the actor. I knew nothing about Sigourney Weaver. Still don't. But Ripley...oh yes! In a sweaty vest.

Although I wasn't a teenager then. Not quite. If you're narrowing it down to teenager, my English language teacher when I was 13/14. I didn't learn much, but that wasn't her fault. She might have been the best English teacher who ever lived, but the higher functions of my brain took a back seat in her presence.

Or one of my friends. Who, unfortunately for me in that context, was straight. But hey, at least I got early practice in dealing with that particular area of disappointment.

Back
Top Bottom