Xbox Controller Issue [Resolved]

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I've been playing Fifa with my Xbox Controller fine for months but today I am getting the strangest issue.

When I enter the game and navigate the screens all buttons seem to work fine, but when I kick off a match they are all wrong, the start button doesn't work, the sprint button becomes contain, yet the normal contain button remains contain also, when I pass my target players completely miss/run past the ball etc.

I've checked it in the Xbox Accessories App which did an update, all buttons work fine in the config but when I go to play I still have the same problem. Steam Config looks normal.

Weird thing is my Bluetooth wasn't on this morning, and checking in device manager it said it had a problem, but I disabled and re-enabled an it all appeared fixed.

What am I missing? Is anyone else having trouble today? Short of uninstalling and reinstalling everything, is there anything else I should try first?

Cheers

EDIT: OK it's not just FIFA, same controller issues happening in Forza :(

Last edited:

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Thanks, just tried disabling Origin In-Game but still the same problem.

What I did just notice is the buttons appear to work fine for a few seconds (start actually pauses, sprint worked briefly) but then quickly went haywire again.

I've tried fresh batteries and via cable but same issue :(

Drivers are all up to date. Fifa and Steam are all up to date. I've verified the Fifa files and that validated fine. Controller is up to date... I'm stumped :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks, just tried disabling Origin In-Game but still the same problem.

What I did just notice is the buttons appear to work fine for a few seconds (start actually pauses, sprint worked briefly) but then quickly went haywire again.

I've tried fresh batteries and via cable but same issue :(

Drivers are all up to date. Fifa and Steam are all up to date. I've verified the Fifa files and that validated fine. Controller is up to date... I'm stumped :confused:

maybe buton stuck down causing odd issues?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
maybe buton stuck down causing odd issues?
In the Xbox Accessories App, when I test, all the buttons press as normal and none appear to be stuck down.

Both games are via steam, I don't have any non-steam games to install atm to check.

Perhaps a reinstall of steam & the controller may be a solution, just gotta figure out how haha

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Thabks for the suggestion, do you know how I would be able to check that?

Strange it only occurs during gameplay.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Which Xbox controller is it?

My Series X controller doesn’t play nicely with Guardians of the Galaxy when using Bluetooth, yet works fine using the Xbox wireless dongle.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
It's a series X but it has been working without issue for months.

This only started this morning :confused:

Soldato
It shouldn't be changing mid game though if it was steam profile settings but you can check by right clicking game>properties>controller and checking if set to Enable Steam Input for Xbox controllers.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
It shouldn't be changing mid game though if it was steam profile settings but you can check by right clicking game>properties>controller and checking if set to Enable Steam Input for Xbox controllers.
Thank you, yes that was set to Enabled next to Xbox when I checked earlier.

I reinstalled Origin - no luck.

I reinstalled both the bluetooth and Xbox Controller driver - still the same issue.

I reinstalled steam, just finished re-downloading the game - huzzah! it's all working as normal again :)

Must have been an issue with the steam config, but I've checked everything in the settings now and they appear to match as before.

Ah well, fingers crossed this issue doesn't reappear!

Time to get back to the Fifa champion finals!

Thanks all for your help and suggestions, appreciated :)

Back
Top Bottom