UK 4K Sports Services?

Associate
Hi all,

I'm currently debating moving to a FTTP gigabit line into the house, as there is an offer for only £29.99 per month.

I currently have a Virgin package with Sky Sports/BT Sports/Sky Sports F1, some in 4K some in 1080P - does anybody have any recommendations for a TV only services? A legal IPTV provider would be ideal, as Sky's prices for TV only packages are ridiculous, cheapest I can find is £65 p/m at the moment. Which is nearly as much as I pay for my entire package.

I'm really only interested in Sports, no interest in Movie channels or any other live TV really.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Caporegime
Hi all,

I'm currently debating moving to a FTTP gigabit line into the house, as there is an offer for only £29.99 per month.

I currently have a Virgin package with Sky Sports/BT Sports/Sky Sports F1, some in 4K some in 1080P - does anybody have any recommendations for a TV only services? A legal IPTV provider would be ideal, as Sky's prices for TV only packages are ridiculous, cheapest I can find is £65 p/m at the moment. Which is nearly as much as I pay for my entire package.

I'm really only interested in Sports, no interest in Movie channels or any other live TV really.

Thanks for any suggestions.
The ONLY legal way to get 4k/UHD Premier League Football and F1 in the UK is Sky.

Soldato
BT sport can do 4k hdr football over the internet on their app. It is £25 a month though for the BT sport ultimate package. Depends on the platform though, but works on nvidia shield and xbox as far as I'm aware. Does 4k without HDR on Apple TV.

For the rest of 4k football, skyq and sky glass your only option sadly. No delivery over the internet without a sky glass tv. One day they might decouple sky glass' software into a hardware box and deliver it over the internet. Has to be the logical next step that we see in the next couple of years you'd imagine.

Associate
BT sport can do 4k hdr football over the internet on their app. It is £25 a month though for the BT sport ultimate package. Depends on the platform though, but works on nvidia shield and xbox as far as I'm aware. Does 4k without HDR on Apple TV.

For the rest of 4k football, skyq and sky glass your only option sadly. No delivery over the internet without a sky glass tv. One day they might decouple sky glass' software into a hardware box and deliver it over the internet. Has to be the logical next step that we see in the next couple of years you'd imagine.

You get HDR on BT Sport using the Apple TV. :)

Soldato
The ONLY legal way to get 4k/UHD Premier League Football and F1 in the UK is Sky.

Typical Sky employee forgetting BT Sport Ultimate channel shows Premier League in UHD too on their TV service. ;) BT Sport package is currently £40 (or was). This includes BT Sport and Sky Sports inc F1. They charge £5 for HD and the Ultimate channel in UHD.

Plus Amazon is UHD too when they show Premier League

Watch this space Amazon will buy up all PL coverage in next few years.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Typical Sky employee forgetting BT Sport Ultimate channel shows Premier League in UHD too on their TV service. ;) BT Sport package is currently £40 (or was). This includes BT Sport and Sky Sports inc F1. They charge £5 for HD and the Ultimate channel in UHD.

You're right, but you do need BT Sport, Bt broadband and the BT Youview box. And if your broadband isn't good enough no UHD BT Sport for you!

Soldato

Have to agree Amazon are way bigger than Sky and its only a matter of time. I expect to do without Sky and Virgin when my current contract runs out in September and manage with just the internet stuff. Will have to decide who to take my internet with though.

Soldato
Have to agree Amazon are way bigger than Sky and its only a matter of time. I expect to do without Sky and Virgin when my current contract runs out in September and manage with just the internet stuff. Will have to decide who to take my internet with though.

I was just advised about a newish ISP Brsk offering FTTP free for six months. Had mixed reviews about the install and service.

Caporegime
They've had the chance before and decided to only take on the bouquet that Sky and BT Sport didn't really want. If they wanted to bid for more I'd expect them to have done so by now, but the next round will certainly be interesting.

Soldato
Amazon will take what they want, when they want it, if it suits them as a business. Having some matches adds proof of concept and proof of interest to them, and gives them live data to analyse, their entire business model is based on data, gathering it and using it to make more money and gain more customers. Sky on the other hand...

Associate
DAZN are close to acquiring BT Sport so expect them to go in hard for the premier league at the next auction. Apple are also considering acquiring sports rights . Could be another bumper pay day for the PL clubs.

Back
Top Bottom