God of War

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Its about 4 years since the original release. People who wanted to play it would have done already.

If Sony followed the MS route by releasing it on PC same day as consoles then the numbers would be different.
Yep. I played it when I got a PS4 Pro about 2 years ago, basically had got the PS4P just to play all the exclusives that had built up.

Great game and I will buy it on steam to add to my library, but not for the current asking. Around a tenner which it will be in 6-12 months. Now if you have not played it, well worth the asking price on cdkeys now.

I have yet to pick up Horizon Zero Dawn steam key. It only got down to £11.99 and I was close but I know I have other games to play so it will only just sit there unplayed, so why not wait and get it even cheaper in a years time? By then if nothing else to play I can play it again also.

Soldato
Not really :p

DF found in their testing that even at 4K max settings the game uses 9GB of VRAM on their 3090!
others are seeing 15gb+ due to memory leak so right now 3090 is worth it :D right now..... i see around 12GB on my 3090 but soon ad DLDSR works on this ill play it at 5K plus!

Caporegime
Zero issues with a 3080 at 4k here, locked at 60 and when at 3440x1440, always above 90 fps (dlss quality on both). Had 2+ hour sessions yesterday and today. Game is flawless and no bugs etc. Not even bothered checking vram usage as haven't had any stutters at all.

Yup, like I say, its just something I am always very lucky with. I just dont seem to get any major technical problems with games whereas I constantly see other people with games having troubles. Literally hundreds of games in the course of a year and I barely have a technical issue with any of them. I guess my PC must just be super honed :D

You and me both.

Even with cyberpunk I had little to no issues, zero crashes, zero performance issues (using settings that my hardware is capable of on my vega 56 and 3080), just a few floating objects, t shape v pose on bike and that was about it.

Either most people have no clue how to optimise their pc or/and they have some serious system compatibility issues or something.

Played this before on the ps4 pro, but 60+ fps is a game changer for this.

Man of Honour
I'd say if you are getting game crashes on a bone stock game install then you have some system tweaking to do saving had first hand experience of just that after my recent system build upgrade and tweaking System Agent and DRAM voltage in the BIOS which, at stock, was causing some random game crashes to desktop.

77 minutes played, not a single hitch. 3440x1440 on the Studio drivers. Ultra/Ultra+ settings with DLSS Quality. Game stays above 100fps. Very impressive. VRAM uses is just under 10GB, system RAM usage is around 8GB too. I reset the values in HWINFO64 whilst in-game and took a screenshot after quitting the game:

HWINFO64.jpg

Seems quite efficient for CPU vs GPU utilisation too. GPU at 99%, CPU at 20% expectedly. I took the GPU undervolt off as well whilst in the game and the framerate didn't change a single bit so put the undervolt back on. Was just curious to see what kind of affect it has if any.

Very good, very good indeed. I can't see myself getting bored of this like I did Horizon Zero Dawn. The action and sound feedback in this are night and day to Horizon. Even with mouse/keyboard I get a feeling of actually "being" the character rather than simply playing them. The mechanics are just way better implemented.

Tried playing with XBOX One wireless pad too and whilst force feedback is nice, I just prefer mouse/keyboard.

Man of Honour
I agree with the word used earlier, masterpiece. This is just superb, the performance, graphics, lore, world design, voice acting and musical score. This game sets the bar for 2022 very high for me.

Soldato
decided im going to wait for a bit they already realised a patch for hdr fixes among others so ill wait at least a month to iron out any odd pc only issues they find

so i can play the final version

Soldato
BETA patch for people to Try if needed (memory issues)

We've seen a number of people reporting issues with "Out of Memory" errors on start up when the computer should otherwise have ample memory. In our investigation of these issues we found that the vast majority of these were happening to people with new 12th Gen Intel CPUs with integrated graphics and that disabling the graphics card allowed people to work around the issue.

We've prepared a hot fix to resolve this issue and would love your help in validating the fix if you're willing. We've setup a separate branch on Steam called "experimental" that will allow you to download this hot fix and see if it resolves the issue.

Note that we have not completed our full round of quality assurance testing on this build, so there could be instances of instability that we have not identified yet. Still, if you're willing to help, please download this new build and let us know how it goes.

To access the experimental branch, follow these steps:
  • In your Steam library, right click on ‘God of War’ and select ‘Properties’
  • Select the ‘BETAS’ tab
  • Change the drop down to ‘experimental’

If you do not see the branch in your drop down, please restart your Steam client.

To switch back to the default branch, follow these steps:
  • In your Steam library, right click on ‘God of War’ and select ‘Properties’
  • Select the ‘BETAS’ tab
  • Change the drop down to ‘none’

Soldato
I agree with the word used earlier, masterpiece. This is just superb, the performance, graphics, lore, world design, voice acting and musical score. This game sets the bar for 2022 very high for me.

It's an incredible game. I don't think I'll double dip for pc but I'm so glad more can play it!

Last of us one day hopefully!

Man of Honour
Talks on reddit about a bug with DLSS whereby it oversharpens sharp edges so if the camera pans slowly, then you notice the srtefacting from the oversharpened edges. Here's an example I recorded. I would have never noticed it otherwise as it's only really obvious when the camera is moving slowly and you're looking at sharp edges.

(watch in max quality which should be 1440P/4K)

I think it is classed as a slight annoyance that can be fixed by adding a DLSS sharpness slider like in some other games but until then, certainly not a deal breaker for those that need DLSS to boost the framerate. Mine seems to run 85fps or more with DLSS off so I'm in two minds if I want it on or off. I like the sharpness in other areas like textures with it on and the slightly higher detailing in particles thanks to the AI stuff going on.

Associate
Is most people using Digital Foundry settings ?

I am with my 2080ti. I tried everything max with DLSS on Quailty - didn't like the image as much, so running Digital Foundry settings but native 4K. Much cleaner image for the most part and locked to 60fps.

First time ever playing a God of War only a couple of hours in, is this like a reboot of the first one? As in I have no idea who I am or anything yet lol.

Just seen above that uncharted is also making its way to PC - Never played one of those either. What is it with all the Playstation exclusives coming to PC all of sudden? Not complaining haha.

Associate
You have a 3080, no need to optimise settings, whack everything on max and enjoy?

Not booted it up yet just gauging what people are using. I have my PC linked to my TV so a cap and constant 60fps is need or il get screen tearing

Back
Top Bottom