What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Doom Patrol - S1 Ep 1.

Only picked this up because someone mentioned it in the Peacekeeper thread. 1st impressions are positive - worth sticking with it?

I watched a documentary last called Dark Land on the BBC iPlayer about the hunt for Wale's worst serial killer, Peter Moore.

It always fascinates me how someone can be so kind and helpful on the surface but be utterly depraved underneath.

Soldato
The first 3 episodes of "What we do in the Shadows", was on BBC1 last night.

So watched the first episode and a half as back ground noise and I'm not quite sure what to make of it yet.

I've heard that it is meant to be brilliantly funny but maybe it gets funnier as it goes on?

Well, you haven't really watched it then have you?

It's really good, especially S1-2, S3 jumped the shark a bit for me. Worried about S4.

Associate
Is it worth getting through season 3? I gave up after about 2 episodes as it was so depressing.
It was not the strongest season, with too much added. But I really enjoyed the rise of Wendy (Laura Linney), and fleshing out of Ruth's (Julia Garner) character. Julia Garner has shone in the series, and I look forward to seeing her in a lead role in Inventing Anna as Anna Delvey.

Soldato
This.
Run out of things to watch and saw this mentioned here so thought I would give it a try.
3 episodes in too.

I initially didn't like anyone in the first 2 episodes and thought i'd lose interest but I find Jeremy Strongs character Kendal quite well written, the rest of them, so far, very cookie cutter.

I also don't like any moment either the awkward cousin or ex Spooks idiot is on screen.

Soldato
Finished the Dexter New Blood series and whilst we were not impressed with how the series "Dexter" ended we kinda struggled to think that the New Blood series added much to draw it to a better conclusion. The last episode is particular was somewhat difficult to accept as a fitting end to the Dexter series. Overall - Meh.

Just started watching Ozark Season 4 and The Sinner Season 4. goodness knows how Marty (Ozark) manages to hold it together as well as he does whilst the world around him is bat s*** crazy.
As for The Sinner, Bill Pullman plays his character role superbly, only watched the first episode of each series but so far we are most impressed by both. Kinda makes up for the "Meh" rating of the Dexter New Blood.

What did you think of Trigger Point? We watched it too and thought it was alright. Not the best thing ever but enough to keep us watching.
It looked rather similar to Line of Duty to me so interested to know if would be worth watching?

I loved Line of duty apart from the last season.

I watched Four Lives last night and I thought it was brilliant.

I then followed it up with the documentary on it and it really was awful, learning how badly the victims and families were treated.

Associate
What did you think of Trigger Point? We watched it too and thought it was alright. Not the best thing ever but enough to keep us watching.

Honestly, I thought it was a blast! :D really good. Looking forward to the next episodes.

I watched first two episodes of The Responder too, although rather bleak, it's keep me in zoned in. Martin Freemans Liverpudlian accent isn't too bad either.

Man of Honour
The most terrifying thing for me watching Archive 81 - the writers seem to be under the impression that it is normal for more people in society to be damaged and in need of therapy than not...

Started rewatching a bit of Person of Interest - probably won't stick it out for the whole thing again but I'd forgotten how great that show could be at times.

Back
Top Bottom