• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6900/6950 XT Owners Thread.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
This runs contrary to most of the benchmarks I’ve looked at but fair enough. After a certain point, the differences become meaningless

Its why ive found from my own testing, other milage may vary as I have both cards.

What I found with all the benchmark videos is they don't give you all the information, as most will say running at 5.3GHz and RAM running at 4266 for example, but there are a lot of settings under that which aid to increased FPS. As WZ performance can be hugely effected by RAM setup as you can get strong gains there over a stock setup, this also helps with lows as well.

I also assume you have tuned the config file for the best results for your CPU and all options in game?

Caporegime
The 3090 is quicker than the 6900XT Warzone from my testing, which is at 1440P. My 3090 is consistantly over 200 fps WZ, more so in rebirth as its a smaller map.

You can again a lot of performance in WZ fast RAM and Intel platform as a base.
Stick up a video showing settings used and FPS, least we have something to copy then. :)

Caporegime
I'm actually interested in how well I can run rebirth at 1440 now.

Would enabling virtual super resolution give me a like for like test?
It would be similar, I think it might be slightly less demanding perhaps.

Just remembered I have this 6900 XT video I recorded a month back on Caldera, 1440P lowest settings. So we can use that as a base to copy @RSR.
Gonna rerun it with the 3090 now and see what the difference is.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Stick up a video showing settings used and FPS, least we have something to copy then. :)

When I get time I will do, as its on my list of things to do.

My current settings will be for a 12900K and DDR5 though, so not sure how helpful that will be.

C:\Users\<User>\Documents\Call of Duty Modern Warfare\players\adv_options.ini - Have you changed any settings in there?

Caporegime
When I get time I will do, as its on my list of things to do.

My current settings will be for a 12900K and DDR5 though, so not sure how helpful that will be.

C:\Users\<User>\Documents\Call of Duty Modern Warfare\players\adv_options.ini - Have you changed any settings in there?
Noted cheers.

The only thing I changed from default was the CPU render count from 16 to 8.

@Duckwave Just fired up Warzone and I don't see Caldera, have they removed it?

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Also you need something that's repeatable with WZ to compare numbers, as different area's will give different results if you want a fair one 121 comparsion.

Associate
It would be similar, I think it might be slightly less demanding perhaps.

Just remembered I have this 6900 XT video I recorded a month back on Caldera, 1440P lowest settings. So we can use that as a base to copy @RSR.
Gonna rerun it with the 3090 now and see what the difference is.

I've just done a recording with Super Resolution enabled. There's a big FPS hit as you can imagine but it's still very impressive.

I also had AA at max, which isn't really necessary at 1440. I thinl that equates to around a 20-30fps hit in most situations.

Associate
Its why ive found from my own testing, other milage may vary as I have both cards.

What I found with all the benchmark videos is they don't give you all the information, as most will say running at 5.3GHz and RAM running at 4266 for example, but there are a lot of settings under that which aid to increased FPS. As WZ performance can be hugely effected by RAM setup as you can get strong gains there over a stock setup, this also helps with lows as well.

I also assume you have tuned the config file for the best results for your CPU and all options in game?

This is tuned to the max tbh. PBO + RAM timings 3800mhz CL14 + Radeon OC + Render Count 8 with 0.55 VRAM.

I tried turning all this stuff off and the difference was staggering.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
This is tuned to the max tbh. PBO + RAM timings 3800mhz CL14 + Radeon OC + Render Count 8 with 0.55 VRAM.

I tried turning all this stuff off and the difference was staggering.

Some options have zero effect turned off, so there are a number of options you can leave on.

Caporegime
It will be there pal. It’s called buy back
Found it cheers.
Also you need something that's repeatable with WZ to compare numbers, as different area's will give different results if you want a fair one 121 comparsion.
Just ran it at 1440P, 3090 mostly over 200 but some drops below, including one to 160FPS, that was near a waterfall, screenshot below.

vsoOo6l.png
GLSCvwi.png

txde1KQ.png
Y7b4lQ5.png

lhL1eYg.png
s923EvT.png

q3wOd9M.jpg

In my side by sides the 6900 XT seems to be faster overall by around 20-40 FPS depending on the area.

Caporegime

image.png

:D

Back
Top Bottom