What version of Android are you currently on?

Soldato
My current phone is 11, didn't notice any change when upgrading it from android 10. My tablet has Lineage roms for Android 9, 10 and 11 and I chose 10 as I had been on 9 and 11 had less dev time.

My past phones I kept on Android 8 as it's my personal favourite for the app switcher and drop down menus on Wifi and bluetooth.

Soldato
On 12 after trying out 12 BETA since its release. Didn't like it when I first got on the beta but I am now used to it and actually prefer it to Android 11

Associate
Android 12, on a Google Pixel 5
The only annoying thing on Android 12 is that the Battery usage only displays 24 hours? And not all the usage as in Android 11, so now you can not see how long the phone battery has lasted, like 4 or 5 days. I think it is very silly of them to do it like this.

Is this the same for other devices on Android 12

Apart from that, everything else is fine.

Associate
Android 12, on a Google Pixel 5
The only annoying thing on Android 12 is that the Battery usage only displays 24 hours? And not all the usage as in Android 11, so now you can not see how long the phone battery has lasted, like 4 or 5 days. I think it is very silly of them to do it like this.

Is this the same for other devices on Android 12

Apart from that, everything else is fine.
It's the same on Android 11 on my Xiaomi,it wasn't until one of the Xiaomi system apps updated.....it might have been on 10 at the time, I can't be sure,but it wasn't the android update that did away with the battery useage overall.
Therest very little between any of the android versions really,in terms of usability

Soldato
11 on OP 8 Pro. I bought OP becasue of their rep at being OK for software updates, but no sign of Android 12 any time soon or even a sodding security update (currently 2 months out of date).

I'm making the return to Samsung since the S3 (which I ditched for the Nexus line) following their commitment to the software and apparent improvements in timeliness. I won't be going back to OP despite the 8 Pro being the best hardware I've ever had.

Soldato
My Moto G7 only has Android 10 (originally shipped with 9). Not expecting to see any more updates as they haven't even pushed any security updates since about May last year. Still don't have any intention of changing my phone as it does everything I currently need and I'm not one to waste money on the latest and greatest when it comes to mobiles. Quite happy to ignore it most of the time too and often forget (or just don't bother) to take it with me when I go out.

Associate
Apparently my nearly 2yr old Xiaomi redmi note 9S which came with 10 will be getting 12 in the summer.
I don't think I've ever had a phone that's been upgraded 2 versions

Soldato
I'm on MIUI Global 12.5.3 stable. Apparently I have an update pending for MIUI 12.5.5.0.RJKMIXM Stable.
Stupid question but I guess this is based on Android 12? I'm well out of the loop with phones. I bought this POCO F2 Pro in September 2020 and don't see me changing it for at least another year.

No issues with the phone or OS at all really. Phones and updates are so incremental now with minor changes that it becomes a non event now upgrading either.

Back
Top Bottom