110.9 pg/ml; IFN-g; test is positive if the value is above 22.7 pg/ml
COVID-19 vaccine-/infection-induced antibodies: Positive
>1000; test is positive if the SARS-CoV-2 RBD IgG value is above 2.5 U/μl
COVID-19 infection-induced antibodies: Negative
--; test is positive if the SARS-CoV-2 N IgG value is above 2.5 U/μl

And my wife’s after 4 jabs last jab was mid jan

The blood sample received on 27/01/2022 from you was:

SARS-CoV-2 T Cells: Positive
39.3 pg/ml; IFN-g; test is positive if the value is above 22.7 pg/ml and >50% above the negative control
COVID-19 vaccine-/infection-induced antibodies: Negative
0.4 U/ul; test is positive if the SARS-CoV-2 RBD IgG value is above 2.5 U/μl
0.1 U/ul; test is positive if the SARS-CoV-2 N IgG value is above 2.5 U/μl

Ah, thanks for that. These were mine in detail:

SARS-CoV-2 T Cells: Positive
155.3 pg/ml; IFN-g; test is positive if the value is above 22.7 pg/ml
COVID-19 vaccine-/infection-induced antibodies: Positive
>1000 U/ul; test is positive if the SARS-CoV-2 RBD IgG value is above 2.5 U/μl
1 U/ul; test is positive if the SARS-CoV-2 N IgG value is above 2.5 U/μl

I got boosted with Pfizer in early January, around the same time I was exposed to Omicron.

Soldato
Ah, thanks for that. These were mine in detail:

I got boosted with Pfizer in early January, around the same time I was exposed to Omicron.
By the looks of it your body was infected by Covid because you have some infection-induced antibodies, your vaccines probably did their job of fighting it off before it took hold

Soldato
By the looks of it your body was infected by Covid because you have some infection-induced antibodies, your vaccines probably did their job of fighting it off before it took hold

To me, it looks more like the antibodies completely blocked it from infecting, and then a tiny amount of antibodies were generated from that.

I imagine if it properly infected me, even asymptomatic, I'd probably have tested positive there.

Edit: But I guess we're into semantics there, as we're saying the same thing. It got inside me, but didn't actually manage to infect cells as antibodies got 'em. :) I have to wonder if having the Pfizer booster just a couple of days beforehand helped with that, as apparently a booster jab of mRNA can start generating a ton of antibodies within just a couple of days for younger people.

Last edited:
Soldato
Here is the link again guys and girls if anyone is interested, all you do is register your interest and then you should get an email a few days later to sign up and then the kit is sent out
https://immunoserv.com/services/covid-19-immunity-testing/

I'll give this a shot, I've travelled around a fair bit during COVID but not got it, daughters had it, missus has got it now, I'm fine but be interested to see if I have had it at some point and just not shown symptoms..

Soldato
To me, it looks more like the antibodies completely blocked it from infecting, and then a tiny amount of antibodies were generated from that.

I imagine if it properly infected me, even asymptomatic, I'd probably have tested positive there.

Edit: But I guess we're into semantics there, as we're saying the same thing. It got inside me, but didn't actually manage to infect cells as antibodies got 'em. :) I have to wonder if having the Pfizer booster just a couple of days beforehand helped with that, as apparently a booster jab of mRNA can start generating a ton of antibodies within just a couple of days for younger people.
Yeah you could be right, TBH is a great study as not only does it give you a definitive answer if you have had Covid or not, it also gives you some information with regard to long term protection through T-cells

Soldato
Cases on the rise again 52% in a week and 17% rise in hospitalisations according to govt data rising in the over 55's especially partly driven by unshielding but also by the BA.2 omicron variant which spreads faster.

before vaccine protection drops any further and something worse comes along.

Govt may have to revise its "over 75's only" booster policy before too long

Soldato
Yeah you could be right, TBH is a great study as not only does it give you a definitive answer if you have had Covid or not, it also gives you some information with regard to long term protection through T-cells

I actually asked the study lead and this is what he said:

Absolutely, you may well have been exposed and you either generated a small antibody response (hence the reading of 1.0 and not 0.1!) or your response has waned quite quickly over time. It's also now becoming apparent in the scientific field that certain highly exposed individuals seem to be protected from infection due to their T cell response without ever mounting an antibody response. That said, we are still in no position to say this same T cell response would prevent infection again in future.

Given that I never tested positive on the LFTs at all, I'm going with the former - exposed but antibodies/T-Cells took care of it.

Soldato
Well after dodging it for over 2 years, despite still travelling overseas for my job, this week I finally got it!

Just generally quite tired, and feeling very 'cold'. NHS drive through PCR came back positive this morning, as well as a few lateral flows.

But I'm feeling much better even later today. Just a bit of a cold feeling, and a slight bunged up throat.

And I was meant to be flying out again Sunday! Dodged that one at least.

Ironically, I think I must have caught it while on my last trip, and this was the first time you didn't need a day 2 test when arriving back in the UK!!

Back
Top Bottom