Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Man of Honour
Hi Im looking for some advice.
I'm with virgin but I have requested a cancelation a few days ago, I had a call back but I could hardly hear her, I need to call up and confirm the deals they will offer.

I signed up with vodafone 2 months ago installation end of the month, I've just realised the price will be going up in April and they only guarantee half the speed.

My question is what is should I do ? i try and stay with virgin or move to vodafone ? VM is £10 at the moment before the vodafone price increase.
Virgin will be going up in April as well.

Soldato
I just renewed mine (cable internet only) for 18 months. They offered 200mbit for £24, or 50 for £18. Weirdly 100mbit was the same price as 200.

I dropped to 50 from 100 because I just wasn't really using the extra speed. But I was on 100 for £18 for the past 18 months.

Last edited:
Soldato
I just renewed mine (cable internet only) for 18 months. They offered 200mbit for £24, or 50 for £18. Weirdly 100mbit was the same price as 200.

I dropped to 50 from 100 because I just wasn't really using the extra speed. But I was on 100 for £18 for the past 18 months.

Did you call them or chat? My current deal ends in May so am keen to get on a new one pretty soon.

Associate
I felt like breakdancing this morning when I saw a company called NPS (Network Planning Solutions) installing cable on a road next to mine. I've never heard of this company before so decided to go over to the two engineer who were there to ask if it was indeed broadband that they were installing, and to my delight he said yes it is, Community Fibre:D. I asked him if the broadband is just being installed for the new apartments which are being built across the road, he said no, everyone will now be able to receive Community Fibre once the work has finished regardless if you live in an apartment or a house.

The installation from what he said is all to do with the new government initiative to get folks able to receive high speed FTTP by 2025. For some reason when he said 2025 for a brief moment my heart sunk thinking I will be waiting until then so will have to deal with Virgin again after my current contract ends:(, but that was just me panicking and he made it clear that in 3 months the service should become live. Even though my current virgin deal ends in 2023 I will be checking on the Community Fibre website just to at least know there is finally going to be an alternative to Virgin.

When I got home and entered my address on the Community Fibre website it now comes up with:

Great news!

London's fastest 100% full fibre broadband is coming to your area.

I think for those here who live in London who only had Virgin as an option if you required or just wanted the fasted speed available, you may also want to check on the Community Fibre website whether the service is coming to your area.

Finally!!!!

Last edited:
Soldato
I just phone the "I'm thinking about leaving" people, then ask what discounts they can give me :p

I did that a while ago and the automated message offered me ~£9 off my bill. Didn't stay on the line to talk to someone but will do closer to my renewal date. Thanks!

Soldato
I’d love to ditch virgin they are a joke, I’ve been arguin on the forums for 6 months now I mentioned it here time ago, they still can’t fix my latency and packet loss and told me they would terminate my contract.

issue is I can only get 30mb with any other provider

DA1-FF3-C8-7007-48-DC-AC44-48-DB4-B45-C3-AE.png

Caporegime
I felt like breakdancing this morning when I saw a company called NPS (Network Planning Solutions) installing cable on a road next to mine. I've never heard of this company before so decided to go over to the two engineer who were there to ask if it was indeed broadband that they were installing, and to my delight he said yes it is, Community Fibre:D. I asked him if the broadband is just being installed for the new apartments which are being built across the road, he said no, everyone will now be able to receive Community Fibre once the work has finished regardless if you live in an apartment or a house.

The installation from what he said is all to do with the new government initiative to get folks able to receive high speed FTTP by 2025. For some reason when he said 2025 for a brief moment my heart sunk thinking I will be waiting until then so will have to deal with Virgin again after my current contract ends:(, but that was just me panicking and he made it clear that in 3 months the service should become live. Even though my current virgin deal ends in 2023 I will be checking on the Community Fibre website just to at least know there is finally going to be an alternative to Virgin.

When I got home and entered my address on the Community Fibre website it now comes up with:

Great news!

London's fastest 100% full fibre broadband is coming to your area.

I think for those here who live in London who only had Virgin as an option if you required or just wanted the fasted speed available, you may also want to check on the Community Fibre website whether the service is coming to your area.

Finally!!!!

Every address I can find in London returns that message on the Community Fibre checker, I assume they are being a bit optimistic.

Associate
Every address I can find in London returns that message on the Community Fibre checker, I assume they are being a bit optimistic.

Yeah I did add just random postcodes in London to see what came back and all of them said the same thing 'Great News!'. The thing for me though is, when I check community fibre's website before I renewed my contract with Virgin in January, it never came up with that message, and seeing the engineers actually placing the cables it does look promising for those who now receive the same message.

https://communityfibre.co.uk/press/...-new-target-to-pass-22-million-homes-in-londo

Last edited:
Associate
Long story short.

Ordered virgin media in November 2021 broadband. Area manager said it would require digging up the road but he did the costings and said it would be done by the new year.

In December 2021, order was cancelled by the construction team due to it being over budget. Same time, area manager reloaded the order as he said it was in budget and they shouldn't have cancelled it.

In January 2022, 3/4 contractors of virgin media turn up over 3 days and dig up my private road and install cabling.

Few weeks past, call area manager who said that outside of my road, there was a patch of road that needed doing to connect my road to the box.

In March 2022, virgin media cancel the order saying its not in budget.

Called 50 times
Raised a complaint and it was closed immediately

Literally the most shocking service I've ever had. I had to find out myself about all the cancellations, they never sent any correspondence. Wasted so much time on this.

Not sure what to do in this situation

Soldato
Just ordered 1Gb Virgin Media. Our house is five years old and we've had crappy (28Mb) BT service since moving in but Virgin have just installed their fibre in the BT ducts and we can now have FTTP in two weeks time. Very chuffed!

Soldato
Just ordered 1Gb Virgin Media. Our house is five years old and we've had crappy (28Mb) BT service since moving in but Virgin have just installed their fibre in the BT ducts and we can now have FTTP in two weeks time. Very chuffed!

That's a big upgrade!

Associate
rang up to cancel as BT had just put fibre down. Instead of increasing my bill significantly they price matched BT and doubled my speed. Greedy gits beforehand it was going up insanely

Back
Top Bottom