Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [7th - 12th May 2022]

Man of Honour
City win by about $22 billion every year, shrapnel compared to Newcastle though.
Trouble in that regard is that Newcastle have all that money but you just dont see any of the top players rushing to sign for them and given the choice of signing for Newcastle or signing for PSG/Bayern/Barca/City/etc etc, they will all pick one of those over Newcastle. At the moment, Newcastle are still like paying someone £100k a year to house sit in Newcastle or paying someone £100k a year to house sit in Bermuda, you still pick Bermuda :)

Soldato
Trouble in that regard is that Newcastle have all that money but you just dont see any of the top players rushing to sign for them and given the choice of signing for Newcastle or signing for PSG/Bayern/Barca/City/etc etc, they will all pick one of those over Newcastle. At the moment, Newcastle are still like paying someone £100k a year to house sit in Newcastle or paying someone £100k a year to house sit in Bermuda, you still pick Bermuda :)

All it takes if for said player to be an advisor for something in Saudi, get paid off the books and they'll sign. Money talks.

Man of Honour
All it takes if for said player to be an advisor for something in Saudi, get paid off the books and they'll sign. Money talks.
I'm still not convinced. I just dont think Newcastle are just going to be able to go out there and buy a bunch of top top players, on the back of their status at present in football.

Soldato
I'm still not convinced. I just dont think Newcastle are just going to be able to go out there and buy a bunch of top top players, on the back of their status at present in football.

They are gonna have to pay over the odds with some high wages to be in with a slight chance of tempting players to join Newcastle.

Soldato

Im not saying it'll be immediate but if they do a Mancini at City and start offering silly money then people will take it. Take Raphina, you dont think if they find a way to pay him 300k type numbers compared to us offering 100k he doesnt go there?

I do. 100%.

Man of Honour
Relegation battles over now. Norwich, Watford and Leeds it is.

Leeds are not getting results against Brighton and Brentford, especially now with Ayling and James out
Its a pity for Leeds, all that money spent, all that effort to get back to the top after their dramatic fall and they will have gone back down so quickly.

Man of Honour
Im not saying it'll be immediate but if they do a Mancini at City and start offering silly money then people will take it. Take Raphina, you dont think if they find a way to pay him 300k type numbers compared to us offering 100k he doesnt go there?

I do. 100%.
Yeah but the difference is, when City blew up , they were already in the Uefa Cup , if I recall correctly and had pretty recently won stuff. Newcastle on the other hand dont have that profile or recent successes. They just dont have the same pull as City did. As well of course as the inherent (slightly) better pull of the city of Manchester in comparison to the city of Newcastle (in the eyes of the top foreign players)

Man of Honour
Relegation battles over now. Norwich, Watford and Leeds it is.

Leeds are not getting results against Brighton and Brentford, especially now with Ayling and James out

I'm not so sure, Brighton and Brentford won't have much to play for.

Marsch will need to find a way to get a tune out of the Leeds players though, it's not working at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom