Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [13th - 19th May 2022]

Soldato
Yeah I did see it, and conserving how fast the police have ached on the Sharp incident it's pretty shocking nothing has happened to McBurnie and he's not going down as well. You can imagine something like the fan will not press charges because he shouldn't have been on the pitch in the first place, and McBurnie will claim self defence because he felt in danger.

You cant stamp on someone then claim self defence. Absolute no chance.

Soldato
Two sets of morons tbh. I can kinda understand his reaction, doesn’t excuse it mind you but this whole pitch invasion nonsense needs cutting out.

Soldato
You’re a pool fan. I thought booting a mouthy Everton fan would be right up your street

lol believe it or not i dont want to see any fan volleyed. Actually Millwall....but they do that to themselves so they're good.

TBF to Viera he's surrounded and the fella grabs him so that's Vieras defence. Just silly. Stop pitch invasions or you'll end up behind a net.

Man of Honour
Vieira did nothing wrong there, people flicking him and likely abusing him, they deserve a good kicking.

This pitch invasion nonsense needs to be stopped. It's just grim.

Soldato
Had to do it in typical Everton fashion and make things hard for ourselves. After the comedy second goal I'd resigned myself to Championship football and possibly my last time at Goodison in the PL.

The Dele sub at half time was inspired and he was great, definitely £0 well spent! Goodison was absolutely rocking too, we might not have won the league or anything, but that was up there with one of the best nights I've had there. I'm just made up I'll be able to enjoy Sunday now! :D

Man of Honour
Haha did you see that pussy he's there backed by thousands but after he pops back up and has a push, when Vieira moves forward again and makes it clear he's not taking any ****, he's backing off again.

Happy to be there giving it the big I am in a manager's face because he thinks he'll never retaliate but as soon as it happens he's calling a taxi. A true embarrassment in every sense.

The Dele sub at half time was inspired and he was great, definitely £0 well spent!
It's not £0 any more, there was some clause where you have to pay Spurs when he makes 10 appearances.

Don
It's been said already in recent weeks but these pitch invasions are a disaster waiting to happen. Some years back I went to a number of Merseyside derby's at Anfield in a row, always sitting very close to the away support and it's such a surreal experience. Before the match has started you have friends, maybe even family members shouting back and forwards to each other about what their plans are for the night, where they'll meet up etc but the moment the ref blew his whistle to start the game, friendly chat instantly became insults and abuse. HT comes and it instantly switches back before another 45 minutes of abuse in the 2nd half. The vast vast majority of football supporters are normal, decent people but this mob mentality kicks in during games for a section of them.

The Everton fan taunting and goading Vieira almost certainly isn't a thug or a hooligan, he's more than likely a normal lad that's just got completely carried away with the emotions of the game and that mob/pack mentality has kicked in. Thankfully a number of sensible Everton fans were on hand to deescalate things because Vieira's reaction could have easily lead to a far more serious issue. A bigger issue is coming though. Imagine had that game involved two sides with a bigger rivalry - things could have got very ugly.

Soldato
Every time ive been to a merseyside derby ive been in the Annie road end in the lovely lower tier top row seats. Its such a funny experience you see people shouting all sorts but they'll shake hands in the pub after.

As for Brian Clough, the less of him the better.

Back
Top Bottom