UEFA Champions League Final Liverpool v Real Madrid ** spoilers ** [Saturday 28th May 2022]

Man of Honour
Indeed and unfortunately nothing will change. I'm sure I mentioned it some years ago but the stadium safety officer for Hillsborough at the time of the disaster is (or at least was as of a few years back) employeed as UEFA's venue director for the CL. It's truly mind boggling.
Really? Bloody hell.

Soldato
Look, as much as I love football. There is a cat in hell's chance that I will take my children to a game. **** that. Can you imagine this crap happening for a big music concert or whatever, nah nor can I. Long story short, which is what you are embarking into. It needs to be sorted out. END OF

Last edited:
Caporegime
Look, as much as I love football. There is a cat in hell's chance that I will take my children to a game. **** that. Can you imagine this crap happening for a big music concert or whatever, nah nor can I. Long story short, which is what you are embarking into Baz. It need's to be sorted out. END OF
This type of thing is as rare as hens teeth in the grand scheme of things. Hundredo of matches happen every week without incident. I wouldn’t take it as a reason not to take your kids to a game.

Soldato
This type of thing is as rare as hens teeth in the grand scheme of things. Hundredo of matches happen every week without incident. I wouldn’t take it as a reason not to take your kids to a game.
sorry but not for me - if there was 1% element of that, then it's not going to happen. Will take them to the rugby, as I have done

Don
Tbf I don't think you'd have any issues taking your kids to a PL game but I'd steer clear or European aways (or even home games vs certain clubs) and major international tournaments.

The scenes at Wembley for the Euros final probably made things worse but for a good few years now there has been issues for English fans traveling to places like France and Spain. There is this automatic assumption from police that all supporters are hooligans and they batter anything that moves. I think yesterday's issues weren't helped by the madness of French football this season either with lots of issues of fan disorder but the unprovoked attacks on supporters were horrific.

Soldato
Tbf I don't think you'd have any issues taking your kids to a PL game but I'd steer clear or European aways (or even home games vs certain clubs) and major international tournaments.

The scenes at Wembley for the Euros final probably made things worse but for a good few years now there has been issues for English fans traveling to places like France and Spain. There is this automatic assumption from police that all supporters are hooligans and they batter anything that moves. I think yesterday's issues weren't helped by the madness of French football this season either with lots of issues of fan disorder but the unprovoked attacks on supporters were horrific.
I have folks that were involved in the 80's (Chelsea, Hereford, whatever). TBH bud, I'd rather they stay away. The point is it's getting out of hand. Maybe a reflection of society right now? But **** that. We are staying away. Simple as that.

Soldato
Ive taken my kids 7 & 8 to Anfield a couple of times, the only issue ive had is the language, specifically mine :p

Ive felt safer at Anfield than Wembley to be fair, definately wouldnt take them to a european away or any game where fans would have spent the day drinking beforehand.
Again that's the point. Why should you have to feel that you felt safe?

Soldato
Ive taken my kids 7 & 8 to Anfield a couple of times, the only issue ive had is the language, specifically mine :p

Ive felt safer at Anfield than Wembley to be fair, definately wouldnt take them to a european away or any game where fans would have spent the day drinking beforehand.
Anfield is very tame when it comes to the supporters. Ive been to many a Merseyside derby and its mainly just verbal. Even when Jagielka decided to score a worldy in the last minute it never kicked off. Ive only felt unsafe at Wigan vs Southampton (PL game) and Wigan vs Millwall (FA Cup semi at Wembley)

Id never take my kids to a Euro away / final. Absolutely no chance.

Don
I have folks that were involved in the 80's (Chelsea, Hereford, whatever). TBH bud, I'd rather they stay away. The point is it's getting out of hand. Maybe a reflection of society right now? But **** that. We are staying away. Simple as that.
I think the scenes we've seen in the last few weeks with the Forest fans, then the Goodison pitch invasion and City one and now the CL final have made things appear worse than they really are. PL football is very tame, barring the distasteful chants you might hear. In 30+ years I've never experienced any issue at a PL match. The only problem I ever had was after the 2005 League Cup quater final at White Hart Lane when me and a friend ended up leaving the ground surrounded by home fans - they didn't take too well to our u21s beating them on pens and we got a bit of abuse and threats but there was police everywhere anyway.

I suspect the pitch invasion issues were a bit of copycating, once one set of fans done it others felt empowered to copy them but we're going to see beefed up security next season as a result and it will stop happening. As I said, avoid European aways and International tournaments and you will be completely fine. Go to an England friendly and sit in the family section, it's full of face painting and Mexican waves. That tbh offends me more than hooligans!

Soldato
I think the scenes we've seen in the last few weeks with the Forest fans, then the Goodison pitch invasion and City one and now the CL final have made things appear worse than they really are. PL football is very tame, barring the distasteful chants you might hear. In 30+ years I've never experienced any issue at a PL match. The only problem I ever had was after the 2005 League Cup quater final at White Hart Lane when me and a friend ended up leaving the ground surrounded by home fans - they didn't take too well to our u21s beating them on pens and we got a bit of abuse and threats but there was police everywhere anyway.

I suspect the pitch invasion issues were a bit of copycating, once one set of fans done it others felt empowered to copy them but we're going to see beefed up security next season as a result and it will stop happening. As I said, avoid European aways and International tournaments and you will be completely fine. Go to an England friendly and sit in the family section, it's full of face painting and Mexican waves. That tbh offends me more than hooligans!
You know. This wouldn't even be a topic of conversation if we went to the rugby. Football is very tribal, I get that (been at Anfield, Trafford etc). The fact that I even have to contemplate my children's security means for me, it won't happen. Appreciate the fact that there is a family section etc. So will take that on-board.

Soldato
"Formal police report filed on the Stade de France fiasco claims that there were between 30,000 & 40,000 attempts to enter the Champions’ League final last night either with no ticket or with a fake ticket. More follows. "

LMAO Get in the bin. What utter nonsense.

Soldato
"Formal police report filed on the Stade de France fiasco claims that there were between 30,000 & 40,000 attempts to enter the Champions’ League final last night either with no ticket or with a fake ticket. More follows. "

LMAO Get in the bin. What utter nonsense.
They are probably counting the 5+ attempts it took for each valid ticket to register..

Soldato
They are probably counting the 5+ attempts it took for each valid ticket to register..
Ha possibly. This says it all from Andy Robertson :

""Pretty much all of our families were affected, I think," the Scotland international told Sky Sports. "Obviously my tickets were through the club and somehow somebody told one of our mates he's got a fake ticket, which I can assure you it definitely wasn't because it was obviously through me."

What a farce.

Back
Top Bottom