UEFA Champions League Final Liverpool v Real Madrid ** spoilers ** [Saturday 28th May 2022]

Soldato
The French news conference was utter tosh, you knew they were going to blame the liverpool fans.
I think the approach from the French police and wider authorities is just the price the English have to pay for the political approach towards the Europeans and the French in particular these last few years. I'm not suggesting for a minute that it's an acceptable thing for them to do, but unfortunately that's most likely to be the reason.

Don
I think the approach from the French police and wider authorities is just the price the English have to pay for the political approach towards the Europeans and the French in particular these last few years. I'm not suggesting for a minute that it's an acceptable thing for them to do, but unfortunately that's most likely to be the reason.
It's not as simple as that. If we think all the politics, rioting and protesting over here has been bad in recent years then take a look at what's been going on in France. My friend over in France sends me videos of all the madness over there and I regularly joke that it looks safer in Syria or Afghanistan than France. Fan disorder in France in particular has been ridiculous this season with numerous incidents where games have had to be paused or completely postponed. This was from the weekend:
French police have been warring with French citizens and football fans in particular all year and not that it's an excuse, they probably expected the worst hence their ott reaction. Just like when Thatcher's government used South Yorkshire police as her private army to battle with striking miners and therefore refused to criticise their actions at Hillsborough, the French authorities are not going to blame French police at a time when they need them to counter all the regular protests and riots across France.

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
The 2 entrances are pretty different from what i heard and the Livepool fans were funnelled into and kept in very small areas.

From what I've read there was only one Liverpool gate opened with two turn styles. They opened another and hundreds of locals rushed it so it had to be closed. Crushing was inevitable given where they were coming from as well. Heard someone on the radio who went who was present at Hillsborough and he thinks it was that, that saved lives on Saturday. They've been through or read about it so knew not to push forward and to remain calm. They were also gassed and mugged by locals after the game aswell.

They shouldn't be holding any major competitions there for some time.

LOL Henry knows its a hell hole.

Man of Honour
Liverpool have been drawn in the 2nd seed pot for next years Champions League, so could be Real Madrid and Liverpool in the same group next year :)

Soldato
From what I've read there was only one Liverpool gate opened with two turn styles. They opened another and hundreds of locals rushed it so it had to be closed. Crushing was inevitable given where they were coming from as well. Heard someone on the radio who went who was present at Hillsborough and he thinks it was that, that saved lives on Saturday. They've been through or read about it so knew not to push forward and to remain calm. They were also gassed and mugged by locals after the game aswell.

They shouldn't be holding any major competitions there for some time.

LOL Henry knows its a hell hole.
Yup, its like saying , hey the CL final is in london. no dear, its in south london croydon and trust me u dont wanna be there either...

Don
In recent days there's been some backtracking from French authorities in regards to the chaos at the CL final. The other day they issued a half arsed apology for the teargassing etc and admitted that the 40k fake ticket claim was made up based on hearsay - it has today been confirmed that the actual number of tickets which were scanned as fake was just 2400 and only 1600ish at the Liverpool end. It's important to note that this is the number of tickets that were scanned as fake and not necessarily the number of actual fake tickets. There's plenty of evidence, including Andy Robertson's friends and family, of supporters tickets being scanned as fake when they were legit. Despite this admission, they still maintain that the problems were caused by fans however all CCTV evidence that could support this (or disprove it of course) has been deleted. It's almost as if they've used the identical playbook that South Yorkshire Police used at Hillsborough.

Back
Top Bottom