Google Pixel 6/6 Pro

Associate
Went for the Pixel 6 seafoam too. Turned up already, but not switched it on yet. The colour looks quite good, whether I'll regret not just getting black if I keep it for nearly 5 years like the Pixel 2 I don't know..!

It's really heavy compared to the Pixel 2, but not a vast amount bigger. I hadn't appreciated just how enormous the top/bottom bezels are on the p2 compared to a more modern design.

Got it for £409 as it's on offer down to £499 and I remembered I had a large pile of ONS covid vouchers to use - so happy with that price.

Reactions: LiE

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Google's own cases look pretty naff to me...

Yea the Google case doesn't fair well from owner reviews. The case I linked kept coming up when looking for the thinnest case, it's from the US so will take a week or so to arrive. Drop protection will be poor but I just want something that I can see the seafoam colour and also protect from general wear/scratches from pocket and putting it down.

Associate
Seems quite good so far. Took 2 hrs to set up though!

A slight green tinge towards the top of the screen perhaps, but it's not that bad. I think getting used to Android 12 will be the biggest challenge, it's quite different to 11. Already used to the larger size and I think my eyes are appreciating the larger screen.

Soldato
Google's own cases look pretty naff to me...
I have had the light rain clear ish one with my seafoam pixel since launch, is looking pretty awful, has discoloured a lot and the plastic around the volume key beside the screen is a bit warped.

I look after my stuff, it hasn't been wet or too hot etc., am tempted to contact Google and see if I can get a replacement.

Associate
I went for a cheap-ish Spigen case as I found some more ONS vouchers to use. Hopefully it'll be ok.

Enjoying the P6, although the finger print reader is even worse than I had expected. Works perhaps 1 in 5 attempts - maybe it doesn't like something on my hands.

Soldato
I went for a cheap-ish Spigen case as I found some more ONS vouchers to use. Hopefully it'll be ok.

Enjoying the P6, although the finger print reader is even worse than I had expected. Works perhaps 1 in 5 attempts - maybe it doesn't like something on my hands.
It's a bad sensor implementation there's no denying it.

Have you tried enrolling the same digit twice?

Associate
Still getting frequent disconnections when using android auto, tried the offical cable as well as a recommended Anker cable and just as bad. Pne thing I do notice is that the phone gets crazy only when connected to the car.

Want the motorola ma1 to see if it fixes my problems but they haven't released them here yet.

Associate
What a mess in CPW...

Email yesterday that phone is with DPD and today this
Thank you for placing your order with Carphone Warehouse.

We are pleased to let you know that your order has now been processed.
You'll receive a further email once it's been dispatched from our warehouse, letting you know when it's on its way to you, or when it will be ready to collect from your chosen Carphone Warehouse or Curry's PC World store.

Kind regards,

Carphone Warehouse
Whatsoever this email mean

Associate
I've registered the same finger twice, but it still doesn't work often. Just getting my fingers to register is proving problematic, I think they might be too dry or something.

Just applied a Spigen glass screen protector which probably can't make the fingerprint reader any worse anyway! As always, I instantly regret using a screen protector as it makes the screen look/ feel worse (and as standard there's a bubble which will not shift). But perhaps knowing it's a bit safer supercedes that.

Other than that, still quite happy with it! Surprised how quickly I adjusted to the size. Not sure how I managed on a 5" now, heh.

Soldato
I've been toying with upgrading our Mate 20 Pro handsets to Pixel 6 Pro but even with the deals on at the moment I haven't been convinced. This is mainly due to the bad reviews stating strange issues or problems rather than being a well-rounded, solid phone. Other aspects that put me off a little are the comments about poor camera quality and lack of biometric sensor. The Mate 20 Pro does a fantastic job of unlocking using biometrics, I'm not sure I'd ditch that for just a bad fingerprint reader.

Soldato
I've been toying with upgrading our Mate 20 Pro handsets to Pixel 6 Pro but even with the deals on at the moment I haven't been convinced. This is mainly due to the bad reviews stating strange issues or problems rather than being a well-rounded, solid phone. Other aspects that put me off a little are the comments about poor camera quality and lack of biometric sensor. The Mate 20 Pro does a fantastic job of unlocking using biometrics, I'm not sure I'd ditch that for just a bad fingerprint reader.
Poor camera quality?

That's a first.

Fingerprint reader is a biometric sensor.

Back
Top Bottom