Final Fantasy VII REBIRTH (Remake Part 2)

Soldato
Just announced during the FINAL FANTASY VII 25th Anniversary Celebration
PlayStation 5 exclusive
Release Date: Feburary 29th 2024
Price: Standard £69.99, Deluxe £99.99, Collectors Edition £349.99
Purchase: Square Enix Store, PlayStation Store
Offical Information

Final Fantasy VII also confirmed to be 3 parts total.
Rebirth will be on 2 discs
Work on Part 3 has already begun.

y2jyRev.jpg MMTadJx.jpg
s1kTvG6.jpg
s1kTvG6.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA
Caporegime
I said originally that it might be quite jarring playing the remakes in chronological order, and given this is an exclusive I'm expecting just that if the graphics drastically improve from one "disc" to the other.
I also kind of thought they'd make it a trilogy and was very sceptical it would be over in just "part 2", which could probably come like another 5 years down the line, urgh.

Soldato
so its starting to feel like the rumours that the original FF7 is the bad version of events and now after the events of part 1 set the course for them to explore what happens when the characters go down the 'good path'.

I guess what this means is that these next two games are going to be very different from what people are expecting. which I'm all for, I just know some are going to moan that its not a faithful rendition anymore (which its clear now more than ever that it was never intended to be).

Associate
so its starting to feel like the rumours that the original FF7 is the bad version of events and now after the events of part 1 set the course for them to explore what happens when the characters go down the 'good path'.

I guess what this means is that these next two games are going to be very different from what people are expecting. which I'm all for, I just know some are going to moan that its not a faithful rendition anymore (which its clear now more than ever that it was never intended to be).

People will always moan, ive accepted this is a new story and im all in now. FFVII is my favourite game of all time and I loved remake. Bring it on, I cant wait!

Soldato
Well I'm super excited for this (as well as Crisis Core). Platinumed the first part (although I still need to go through the Yuffie campaign on hard mode) and will more than likely do the same with this.

Associate
Well I'm super excited for this (as well as Crisis Core). Platinumed the first part (although I still need to go through the Yuffie campaign on hard mode) and will more than likely do the same with this.

Same i got the Plat on Remake and will aim for Plat on Crisis Core and Rebirth, im not usually a trophy hunter but for FFVII its different! hopefully they will be reasonable, FFVII Remake Plat didnt involve and stupid grinding.

Soldato
Interesting that I am the opposite. Perhaps some correlation between those who did play it 25 years ago.
I’m the same, I genuinely disliked the remake. I might give the original another go soon. I remember playing it when it first came out, was so excited just by the fact it came on so many discs and was such a big game! Then the actual story and game/graphics delivered in spades too :)

Soldato
I bought it day one and was so excited by all the hype and how good it looked. It was my first turn based Japanese rpg though and I wasn’t prepared for it. I remember enjoying it until I hit a wall of an enemy who one shotted my entire team. I put it down and never played it again. I have it on the Switch so maybe I will one day.

Soldato
I bought it day one and was so excited by all the hype and how good it looked. It was my first turn based Japanese rpg though and I wasn’t prepared for it. I remember enjoying it until I hit a wall of an enemy who one shotted my entire team. I put it down and never played it again. I have it on the Switch so maybe I will one day.
The original game ? I remember struggling on the final boss of the temple of the ancients. Think it was demon wall or something ?

Edit. Amazing tip here. But learn the enemy skill “big guard” before heading for the temple of the ancients.

Soldato
I loved FF7R, it was probably my game of the year.

I can't wait for this, I'm also looking forward to the other material such as an updated Crisis Core.

Soldato
The original game ? I remember struggling on the final boss of the temple of the ancients. Think it was demon wall or something ?

Edit. Amazing tip here. But learn the enemy skill “big guard” before heading for the temple of the ancients.
Not sure but I don’t think I got anywhere near that far. RPG wise I’d only ever played zelda on the snes so I struggled to understand what I needed to do. Couldn’t just Google the answer then! I was probably more interested in Wipeout or something in those days :)

Soldato
OP
Interesting that I am the opposite. Perhaps some correlation between those who did play it 25 years ago.

Don’t think so tbh. I played on release back in Christmas 97 and still consider it one of my best games ever. I also loved remake for what it was and how much I enjoyed playing it.

If it really was as bad as a group of people say I’m sure it would have been downvoted to hell on sites like metacritic which has been pretty ruthless these last few years.

That said it was also one of the most discussed games for good reason, the story is controversial with some of the changes we’ve seen. It doesn’t automatically mean a game has to be bad because it didn’t align to everybody’s expectations.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA
Soldato
@.Lethal if I wasn't so bad at the combat I'd have enjoyed it more bit it just never clicked. There were also some terrible sections like the barrel. That said, I think I just enjoyed seeing the places reimagined. I don't ever recall the slums being bright though in the original.
I didn't hate it, I was just glad when it ended.

Soldato
@.Lethal if I wasn't so bad at the combat I'd have enjoyed it more bit it just never clicked. There were also some terrible sections like the barrel. That said, I think I just enjoyed seeing the places reimagined. I don't ever recall the slums being bright though in the original.
I didn't hate it, I was just glad when it ended.
Same. I didn't hate it but felt like I was just going through the motions. If it wasn't based on FFVII I'd not have finished it. Some excellent sections but a lot of it was just dull.

IMO the original is still a much better game.

Soldato

I had to restart my game here. It was my first proper JPRG so I only had one save and you couldn't get out of the temple. My characters were not a high enough level to beat the boss.

Haven't made the same mistake since (multiple saves for the win). :)

Back
Top Bottom