Final Fantasy VII REBIRTH (Remake Part 2)

Soldato
As always I'll be a stuck record and really dislike the fact that they're obviously moving more away from the original, but can't wait to see what they do. Can't see Vincent being in this one, they'll end it before him I reckon - or we'll get a spin off for Vincent like we did Yuffie, as he's completely optional isn't he?

Caporegime
As always I'll be a stuck record and really dislike the fact that they're obviously moving more away from the original, but can't wait to see what they do. Can't see Vincent being in this one, they'll end it before him I reckon - or we'll get a spin off for Vincent like we did Yuffie, as he's completely optional isn't he?

He's optional, but he's cannon in the extended universe.
And they can't end it before him, he's welllll before the end of the first disk lol.

Associate
Seeing as they have shown the Cosmo Canyon scene in the latest trailer, we will probably get Cait Sith at least if going by the chronological order of events.
That is if they include Gold Saucer.

Caporegime
No cuts apparently, so gold saucer will be in.

I’m in the camp that’s not a lover of remake (currently playing it now, it’s great but not a lover of the action combat ) mainly because of the combat, boss encounters go on forever (just did the air buster fight) and get boring. The graphics are incredible though and I need to push through and finish this so I can play the OG again.

Soldato
OP
Out Feburary 24th next year. Prices and where to buy updated in OP.

In the last day or so we've had people playing an early version at the Tokyo Game Show with lots of new information coming out.

Vincent and Cid confirmed not playable in Rebirth, but make appearances. All other classes playable inc Sephiroth during the Kalm flashback.
Gold Saucer in Rebirth including lots of the mini games from the original.
Chocobos inc Mountain and Flying types in Rebirth.
Dating episode with Cloud at Gold Saucer is also in Rebirth.
150GB across 2 discs.
Demo currently being played at the TGS includes some of the Kalm Flashback and Junon area.
Combat system updated similar to the Yuffie episode where 2 characters work together
Lots more information, best place to get latest info is the remake subreddit.

Recent interview with Hamaguchi, Nomura and Kitase here

Some information from TGS

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks @.Lethal - read through that interview last night, appreciate they're in the market to sell the game but they didn't sound pushy in that interview and it all sounds utterly fantastic.

I am more hyped for this than any other game releasing currently.

Listening to Listen to the cries of the planet a few times last night, I'm really excited to hear how they update that song for Rebirth!

Have you watched the GameSpot gameplay preview? Junon looks gorgeously reimagined.

Soldato
OP
There was new footage/playthrough shown yesterday at the Tokyo Game Show, video below in english with no commentry

Unedited TGS presentation from yesterday with english translation

There's soime new footage not shown in the above video near the end.

Last edited:

ryu

ryu

Associate
:confused: you alright m8

I'm assuming your response is to the first part of my sentence (as it surely can't be the second), I was making reference to the words spoken at 1min15 in the promo video that you posted originally, assuming you watched it!

Back
Top Bottom