Group policy issue - updating on one PC

Soldato
Soldato
Hi all,

I am running windows server 2012 R2 with 4/5 client PCs. All but one are running fine
The final one I am trying to run a group policy update as the mapped drives, background etc are not coming through. It shows this error
"
>gpupdate /force
Updating policy...

Computer policy could not be updated successfully. The following errors were encountered:

The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows could not resolve the computer name. This could be caused by one of more of the following:
a) Name Resolution failure on the current domain controller.
b) Active Directory Replication Latency (an account created on another domain controller has not replicated to the current domain controller).
User Policy could not be updated successfully. The following errors were encountered:

The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows could not authenticate to the Active Directory service on a domain controller. (LDAP Bind function call failed). Look in the details tab for error code and description.

To diagnose the failure, review the event log or run GPRESULT /H GPReport.html from the command line to access information about Group Policy results.
"

I can ping the server fine, I removed and added it back to the domain no problem (removed the PC from the server dashboard as well)

I am at a loss why I can't update this

Any ideas?
Thanks

Soldato
Soldato
OP
Just restarted, a differnet message

gpupdate /force
Updating policy...

Computer policy could not be updated successfully. The following errors were encountered:

The processing of Group Policy failed because of lack of network connectivity to a domain controller. This may be a transient condition. A success message would be generated once the machine gets connected to the domain controller and Group Policy has successfully processed. If you do not see a success message for several hours, then contact your administrator.
User Policy could not be updated successfully. The following errors were encountered:

The processing of Group Policy failed because of lack of network connectivity to a domain controller. This may be a transient condition. A success message would be generated once the machine gets connected to the domain controller and Group Policy has successfully processed. If you do not see a success message for several hours, then contact your administrator.

To diagnose the failure, review the event log or run GPRESULT /H GPReport.html from the command line to access information about Group Policy results.

Can ping the server by name just fine :/

Soldato
Dns, its always dns :) can you ping the domain name from the client (ie just contoso.com)? Also can the dc ping the machine by its fqdn? Any 3rd party firewall?
Be worth removing it from the domain and re adding it, it usually solves these random things.

Soldato
Soldato
OP
PC has static IP

The server is called "examplenet-server", ping examplenet-server works just fine

Not sure what replication is sorry, I had a look online and I have no idea what it means :(
I tried removing and readding to domain, no help

Soldato
Do you have more than 1 Domain Controller?

If you do a gpresult /r /scope computer /user DOMAINADMINUSER you should be able to get computer RSoP Data from memory.

Soldato
PC has static IP

The server is called "examplenet-server", ping examplenet-server works just fine

Not sure what replication is sorry, I had a look online and I have no idea what it means :(
I tried removing and readding to domain, no help

What if you ping the DOMAIN name, so contoso.com as the example given earlier. It should resolve to the IP address of your domain controller.

Back
Top Bottom