In need of an M.2 screw, any recommendations

Soldato
Hi all

My motherboard came with the stand off for the M.2 but not the screw to hold it down, I've looked on the rainforest but reviews say the recommended ones seem to be made cheap and have snapped the thread off, does anybody know of a decent place to get some please?

Thank you

Soldato
Hi all

My motherboard came with the stand off for the M.2 but not the screw to hold it down, I've looked on the rainforest but reviews say the recommended ones seem to be made cheap and have snapped the thread off, does anybody know of a decent place to get some please?

Thank you
The cheap ones should be fine, you're not torqueing it down to the point where it needs to be super tight. It's only supposed to hold the m.2 drive in place, finger tight is more than enough. The people who snap them are the same people who like to absolutely wrench on every screw in the system so it will never come out again. Never understood why people do that or maybe they don't understand what the purpose of it.

Soldato
OP
The cheap ones should be fine, you're not torqueing it down to the point where it needs to be super tight. It's only supposed to hold the m.2 drive in place, finger tight is more than enough. The people who snap them are the same people who like to absolutely wrench on every screw in the system so it will never come out again. Never understood why people do that or maybe they don't understand what the purpose of it.

No worries cheers bud will grab a set

Man of Honour
Probably bit late to ask this, but the screw isn't already there, right? Latest board I got, the screw was already in the board.

Soldato
Hiya bud, no I checked in the box and checked the slot but nothing...
I had the same issue with my board where I was like where's the damn nvme screw. MSI decided they'd hide the tiny plastic bag with the screw inside the manual lol

So if you haven't used/opened the manual it might be worth giving that a shake too.

Back
Top Bottom