PUBG Crashing, is it my PC?

Soldato
Hi all

My wife has been getting very frustrated the last couple of days, She plays PUBG with a few friends daily and has been getting the same problem lately, The game will be fine at times but occasionally it will jitter then Freeze... After that she will lose all comms in Discord and i've also noticed when i ALT + TAB out of the game i can't click anything on desktop or even restart the PC so have to hold the power button down :confused:

Any ideas what could cause this to happen?

I have checked Temps, Maximum it would hit is 54'c
Graphics drivers are upto date on Nvidia

Any help appreciated.

Soldato
I did come In here to say that's just pubg and it crashes for all but after reading your post I'm not so sure. I play PUBG almost daily with regular people and we all crash occasionally but it's always the same. Hard crash to desktop, no errors and we can just fire the game back up and re-join.

I would make sure you have discord overlay off, that always made the game feel stuttery to me and PUBG is know to crash with overlays.

Also disable hardware acceleration in discord

Playing a few rounds without the headset plugged in will be another easy check to make. If it's crashing regularly it shouldn't take long to know if that's the cause.

Soldato
OP
Try system restore.

Will look at doing this if the others fail, thank you.
I did come In here to say that's just pubg and it crashes for all but after reading your post I'm not so sure. I play PUBG almost daily with regular people and we all crash occasionally but it's always the same. Hard crash to desktop, no errors and we can just fire the game back up and re-join.

I would make sure you have discord overlay off, that always made the game feel stuttery to me and PUBG is know to crash with overlays.

Also disable hardware acceleration in discord

Playing a few rounds without the headset plugged in will be another easy check to make. If it's crashing regularly it shouldn't take long to know if that's the cause.

Yeah I've known PUBG to be a bit iffy from the get go back in the early days, these crashes are of a different kind though, freezing the whole system :cry:

Where would we find the hardware acceleration setting bud I'm not 100% on this discord stuff, will also try the game without the headset in and see if that makes things better

Thank you

Soldato
Will look at doing this if the others fail, thank you.

Yeah I've known PUBG to be a bit iffy from the get go back in the early days, these crashes are of a different kind though, freezing the whole system :cry:

Where would we find the hardware acceleration setting bud I'm not 100% on this discord stuff, will also try the game without the headset in and see if that makes things better

Thank you

Assuming you found it by now but in case you haven't its under

Settings>advanced>Hardware Acceleration

Soldato
OP
Quick evening update for you all,

After disable discord overlay and hardware acceleration it's not crashed for 2 games of PUBG. My son has also played a bit of ETS 2 and no issues or stutters in that game at all, it's only affected PUBG.

I thought of another way to explain what the issue was like, it will stutter for a couple of seconds like a scratched CD then it would crash!

Cheers for all your help, I'll be back if it starts again :cry:

Associate
PUBG is such a pain in the bum.

So buggy and hates other apps being open at the same time. Had a memory leak a while ago and it was filling up 32gigs of RAM and crashing constantly.

Glad you got it sorted. I do like PUBG but it could be a little better refined and optimised.

Soldato
OP
PUBG is such a pain in the bum.

So buggy and hates other apps being open at the same time. Had a memory leak a while ago and it was filling up 32gigs of RAM and crashing constantly.

Glad you got it sorted. I do like PUBG but it could be a little better refined and optimised.

Ohhh really bit of a pain that game has been from the beginning, I have told her to play another game as she's always complaining about it :cry:

Back
Top Bottom