£50 mechanical keyboard

Associate
Welcome to mechanical keyboards, a bottomless pit for money.

Go into the shops and try a few keyboards.

See which switches you prefer. Type a sentence. See which is best.

I’d say you should look at the £80 to £100 range for keyboards because £50 means the manufacturer cuts a lot of corners.

Associate

Keychron K10 with RGB is £87

With RGB, Gateron mechanical hot swappable and aluminium backplate (all are desirable traits) is £107 but it's US layout only by the looks of things.

DAS makes good keyboards and is not RGB but on sale https://www.overclockers.co.uk/das-...y-mx-brown-white-led-uk-layout-kb-007-ds.html

I like Ducky KBs. When I emigrated from SA to the UK, I brought with my Ducky one2 keyboard that my ex said i'd spent too much money on. It's still reliable and works fine till today (using it right now), unlike my ex

Last edited:
Associate
Soldato
OP
Does anyone uses switch combination for example wasd in specific switch then things like g (grenade) another switch?

I think microswitch for things like grenade, 1-8 weapon choice, r for realise could work better than linear?

Soldato
Any sub £100 keyboards?
I got a new old one. Way less than £100 and will no doubt last a lifetime. From 1996 :) zero RGB discustingness in a lovely 90s white with a fat corded cable

Something like this will be better than new age mechanical keyboards

Back
Top Bottom