It's too hot :(

Soldato
I'd say it is a coincidence yeah, Scotland is just wetter and has a tiny population compared to southern England in particular. Its not like Scottish pipes don't leak :cry:
Really, you might want to research that a bit before plunging in 2 feet first. ;)

Performance against leakage target...

...The reported level of leakage was significantly below the minimum service level for the period (575 Ml/d), and below 500 Ml/d, which is the lower end of the range of the calculated ‘economic level of leakage’.

Soldato
Really, you might want to research that a bit before plunging in 2 feet first. ;)

So you do have leaks like I said :cry:

Anyway you'd hope a country like Scotland with more freshwater than England or Wales combined with a tiny population would manage it OK.

Soldato
Amber warning for extreme heat where my mother is and she says she feels sick all the time. Worrying.

These thunderstorms forecast for the start of next week better happen.

30% chance of light rain tuesday. That'll fill the reservoirs /s.

Worried about my Mum's pond...its gone down by half. :(

Its the same everywhere theres a picture of river in lincolnshire thats dried up completely and its worse in france more than one river has dried up completely and even the mighty Loire has been reduced to a piddling stream

All that sounds lovely but they shouldn't be paying any dividends when they have circa £20B of outstanding infrastructure upgrades. I don't believe I even commented on the logistics of delivering it or that them making a profit is wrong. What I commented on is the fact they make vast profits, pay massive dividends whilst at the same time they need to be upgrading their infrastructure.

Mandated investment from ofwat are minimum values, they are allowed to reinvest 100% of their profits is they need to, especially when they are losing around 2billion litres a day.

What did they call it? White oil? Water is more profitable than oil extraction which is why all the water companies are foreign owned its worth a fortune.

Better get started. If it's feasible it'll probably take around 20 years from concept to completion.

Less than the time it'll take to build all the nuclear power stations thats going to solve all our energy problems then eh? Good, good.

Soldato
So you do have leaks like I said :cry:

Anyway you'd hope a country like Scotland with more freshwater than England or Wales combined with a tiny population would manage it OK.

I know you'll find it challenging, but try to look past the nationality aspect. The point being made is that a publicly owned utility company like Scottish Water is massively outperforming a privately owned company like Thames Water - yes, there are leaks in Scotland, but not 25% of the daily supply.

The privately owned companies have absolutely no incentive to address those leaks.

Associate
Slapped on the factor 30 this morning weather bearable up to midday. Was on the paddleboard from 8.30am river levels are low and the water looks almost grey in colour (lost its normal bright sheen ) As much as I fancied a swim afterwards kept clear. Loads of ultra ripe blackberries too be had was the bonus.

Soldato
Predictions changed here again.

Bad news predicted temps keep rising. Peak of heatwave now at 35C.

Good news is now a predicted storm on the 15th, which based on usual summer predictions wont happen, but should at least mean some cloud. First cool day is the 16th, so including today 4 more days of hell.

I did get some sleep earlier, but the state I was in when waking up, sweat everywhere, with it dripping, and that was sleeping in my shorts on top of bed and towel, not under covers. Towel was soaked through. I can see myself going through 4 of them over next 4 days.

Caporegime
God damn. I'm sat on the shore, 9pm. Sun has set and it's still mid 20s.

For me this is basically heaven.

Someone even handed me a beer mid kayak!

One last pic of my boat

6QuTzh5.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom