Poll: Italian Grand Prix 2022, Monza - Race 16

Rate the Italian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Monza is a boring track and dry weather isn't going to help that. Isn't it also usually a 1 stop?

I expect Alpine and Williams to do well. Both are mega quick in a straight line.

Will Ferrari try the tow in qualy? What could possibly go wrong ;)

Man of Honour
Hamilton expected to start from the back of the grid with an engine penalty.

Mercedes are still trying to work on recovery of his 3rd engine which suffered damage in Belgium. Suffered 45g impact.

Associate
Last to first challenge, just for the content. Can't see anything but an RB win here, even despite Ferrari leading the way in FP1 & 2.

Anyone else thinking the engine penalties are starting to make F1 look a bit stupid though?
Yea, that whole system needs to be reworked.

Soldato
My take on the engine penalties:

Mid race blowup ala Sainz in Austria? Replace it, count it against your yearly limit but no penalty.

Changing it because you want a fresh engine for a power track? Back of the grid and no qualifying for you. Make the penalty mean something.

Don
My take on the engine penalties:

Mid race blowup ala Sainz in Austria? Replace it, count it against your yearly limit but no penalty.

Changing it because you want a fresh engine for a power track? Back of the grid and no qualifying for you. Make the penalty mean something.
Constructors point penalty would be the obvious choice I think - penalise unreliability (and potentially constructors end of year payout) rather than the drivers chances of a win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom