Harvester unlimited breakfast

Soldato
OP
About 7-8 years ago I guess, the Mrs and I went to a friend's wedding at a holiday Inn and we stayed the night at the hotel.

It was a really good evening and we were having a few drinks and dancing all night.

Next morning woke up, and wasn't hungover at all, but the mix of drinking and dancing so much, got the buffet breakfast and you'll have to take my word for it but I ate are least another third on top of what I did this morning.

Soldato
I once ate a fry up of truly monster proportions. It was called "The Truck" and was served at a truck stop cafe on an oval stainless steel serving tray.

At least 6 eggs, 6 sausages, 6 bacon, chips, and sides, multiple fried breads, toast etc, etc etc. Was enough to feed about 4 people easily. I ate it all. I reckon it took years off my life. I had to go to bed for the rest of the day and I think I visibly aged in the week or so after.

Nice though.

I still eat our local cafe's (which is a nice posh cafe) "MEGA" breakfast sometimes, which is 2 eggs, 2 sausages, 2 bacon and a black pudding with sides. Not many people do it. I don't eat much for the rest of the day after though. Fruit and yoghurt is the way out.

Soldato
OP
I just cannot see how it is physically possible to eat that amount. His stomach must have the elasticity of bubble gum

He's a real health freak believe it or not, into his food science, on his off days, he eats high nutrition low calorie food and does a lot of walking apparently, well, must do otherwise he'd be the size of a house

Although I watched one and he said the amount of sodium he ate, his feet swelled up, I mean, that's never happened to me....

Caporegime
He's a real health freak believe it or not, into his food science, on his off days, he eats high nutrition low calorie food and does a lot of walking apparently, well, must do otherwise he'd be the size of a house

Although I watched one and he said the amount of sodium he ate, his feet swelled up, I mean, that's never happened to me....
That’s oedema, basically water retention. That’s not a good path to go down.

Associate
Remember reading that some competitive eater was able to eat so much due to some of his internal organs not being in the exact same positions as normal. So this allowed his stomach to expand further into a void left.
Something along those lines anyway.

Soldato
Once upon a time, I could scoff enough in a hotel breakfast that I'd happily not eat again until the evening. Sometime in my 30s, it started getting a bit difficult: just made me feel too unwell for a couple of hours if I ate too much that early.

The £10 Premier Inn breakfast is still pretty great though. With the family, if we do a stopover somewhere around the UK, it's good value as the kids eat for free with a paying adult.

Soldato
Have you guys seen some of the breakfasts Beard meets food eats? Here’s one to get you started

Yeah, that was like the thing I ate.

I had to lie down in a darkened room for the rest of the day. It felt like having grease in my bloodstream.

No way I'd do it now. I was in my early 30s then and still felt invincible.

Back
Top Bottom